Any chance of a Dirtweek this year?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Ok, so when do we start the countdown? I gotta get my injuries over early this year! Ha Ha!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
OMG!! Jeff Allen? How the hell are you man? Been a LONG time!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Lorin said:
Kinda still waiting for a response of some type. I dont care about the prizes, or sponsors.
Set it up Lorin and we'll be there.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Wow, names from the past. DW was a good idea and the 2 that I was able to attend were great. I must admit that I realy wanted to win the raffle, but that is not the whole reason I came or didn't come. The rest was all gravy. It was a very cool event.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
As to setting up, etc... (Patman), I dont mind putting some time in to do so, but dont want to step on toes doing so. Brian's idea seems a solid one, and maybe Cooperland is still possible (not sure if that was checked on or not). Although I am asking for a dirtweek type event, I am not going to circumvent the people typically involved. I dont mind being the entertainment at the Dallas supercross, and have attended a few of the smaller, local spodefests in the past. These questions result from the need to plan vacations this year, and I was wondering if Dirtweek was truly a thing of the past.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Really Lorin, go for it! Okie's toes have been through worse :)

Ah yes the sights, sounds and ummm, smells of the Dallas SX LOL!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Patman said:
Ah yes the sights, sounds and ummm, smells of the Dallas SX LOL!
Especially the "sites" last year. (insert wolf whistle)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Jeff Allen said:
I don't know if my bike even runs anymore :) :) :)

You, SIR !!, need to post more often. That is an order. :nod:

Mully

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Wow. Jeff - thought you were gone for good.

Glad to see ya posting. Hope you can make it to the event (whatever it ends up being). Just bring the bike. We'll get it running. :)

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Mully said:
You, SIR !!, need to post more often. That is an order. :nod:

Mully
Yes sir Mully!!! :)

Hi everybody,
Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I guess I didn't think it had been so long since I've been here. I haven't forgot about all of you, I just haven't been riding for awhile, but I still have my bike.

Not sure what really happened... Stress from work was getting to me, My Mom being sick and MWEISSEN getting sick (RIP, buddy)
I guess I just kinda holed up and didn't do anything at all.

But now things are looking better... in a strange way,
I got fired about 6 weeks ago from my job of 15 years. Now that stress is all gone and I can breath now and I'm felling a lot better. Started a new job where the boss thinks I'm the best employee that he's ever had, and I haven't even proven myself yet

My Mother is doing better now and if I could just get my dead beat sister to just get a job :bang: oh well!

A good friend and fellow DRN'r, MWEISSEN just lost his battle with cancer here last week so it got me thinking I should get back into the mix and stop being such a "Nancy" and get riding again!!!

So, where the next ride going to be????

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Jeff Allen said:
A good friend and fellow DRN'r, MWEISSEN just lost his battle with cancer here last week so it got me thinking I should get back into the mix and stop being such a "Nancy" and get riding again!!!

wow, i didn't hear about that. did i miss a post?

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
LoriKTM said:
Sponsors? We don't need no stinkin' sponsors. It was never about the prizes, or races, anyway.

Keep it loose, keep it fun.

Set a date and a location, and they will come.

I agree. It's doesn't have to be something that takes a team of people two years to plan.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Very sorry for the loss of your friend, Jeff.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
For me, the allure was spending an entire week fooling around on dirt bikes by day, and enjoying a few adult beverages with buddies around the camp fire at night... The organized races and prize giveaways didn't really factor in much... I had a blast at DW '05 and would love to do it again some time...

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I just want somewhere to take the family and camp for a couple days that has friendly people, an mx track, beginner friendly trails and fields and mx track, and kids for my kids to hang out with and activities for the whole family. A momento such as a T-shirt or something would be nice but not necessary. Oh and a shower would be nice lol. This is Dirtweek at Cooperland! It doesn't have to be a week long event. Two or three days would be good. I was never able to attend before cause I lived in E. TN or didn't have a bike but now I live about 3 hours away, we all have bikes but it is no more. :(

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
DirtWeek will happen again ... we just need to define it and do it. I'm watching this thread for all the input and to gauge interest. I may be taking a trip up to CL to meet the new owner soon (will sure miss Kris) Yeah, I might get a few laps in while I'm there. A LOT of it has to do with rather or not Guy want's to cooperate (uh, coop?) and let us use his land (where all the trails are) without it costing an arm and a leg. Thump can tell ya how rough he made it on me in 05 ... he's fast on a bike but I'm a much bigger boy, it got close to that :p. Bottom line, it cost more than I could handle, but he had me over a barrel ... turn back people who just drove cross country?

So maybe we re-do the whole thing, take some load off my family and bank account... and it comes out even better than ever?

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Thank you for responding Okie. Wasnt sure what the consensus was myself. If \ when you decide to move in that general direction, let me know how I can be of assistance. I agree with the "general" consensus that the prizes, and some of the scheduled events arent all that necessary. I look forward to the general "play" riding, followed by the grazing and conversations at the many camp fires.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Whatever I can do to help Okie...just say the word. Matt

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Okiewan said:
he's fast on a bike but I'm a much bigger boy, it got close to that :p.

< ADMIN EDIT: Don't be a wanker. >

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Lorin said:
Thank you for responding Okie. Wasnt sure what the consensus was myself. If \ when you decide to move in that general direction, let me know how I can be of assistance. I agree with the "general" consensus that the prizes, and some of the scheduled events arent all that necessary. I look forward to the general "play" riding, followed by the grazing and conversations at the many camp fires.

Hey, gotta have some swag to give away :) For me, the mods and my family, thats part of the fun. Pretty cool to see the little guy or girl get a shinny new helmet or chest protector; a big ol' trophy... ya know? But yes, I totally agree, the whole "purpose" ... there are really no better times in this sport than getting together with so many friends and making so many new ones. I've been blessed in meeting and getting to know so many good people.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom