Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
bwalker, I live in Escanaba and ride mostly in the Marquette area -- some great trails there, eh?! Unfortunatly, they are under about four feet of snow right now!
Since the Byron, IL race for next weekend (4/1) was cancelled/moved; I'm still hoping to find some trails to ride. I think this latest (current) cold front is gonna make it tough to find a place to ride this coming weekend.
Towards the end of the week, I'll be looking for some current trail info if anyone has any!

------------------
Magoo
Fear is Temporary, Regret is Permanent!

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Walkman and fellow Michigan riders, good luck with your ride on the 6th. I don't have a hall pass from the boss to get out on the sixth!

Let's keep in touch for future rides, even those who don't ride KTM's. just a joke guys, run what you brung!!

Have fun on your ride, we'll be at Geels on the 14th.

------------------
Rickshaw Racing
01' KTM 400EXC
87' Yamaha TW200
86' Honda Reflex

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Same here as what rickshaw said above. I'm pertty well booked up for a few weeks.
We should all hook up together and have a Michiganders ride sometime this spring

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"
my photos

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
I hope that you guys have fun on the 14th.I have 2 fire training weekend in a row then the hen has me going on a gambling trip to the bridge.Once that is over I should be ready to ride just about any weekend.Took the new wr out Friday for alittle ride she now has 32miles on it.Man this summer is going to be great.

------------------
87 YZ 490
2001 wr426
chrome don't get you home

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Walkman, I just read in another post that you are headed to Gladwin this weekend. I know the plan is to ride there next Friday (4/6). Please do post an update on the amount of snow and WATER on the trails. At this time I am planning to join you on the 6th.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
fatherandson, don't worry about the stinkin' water! just grab a handful of throttle and ride the back tire through it!

I would appreciate any information after your ride on the 6th. We may opt to go south if conditions don't improve. There is a DNR legal ride spot west of Toledo on RT 2 close to Swanton. Tons of whoops and creative single track tree riding, nothing like up north.

Hope to hook up with you guys in June.

------------------
Rickshaw Racing
01' KTM 400EXC
87' Yamaha TW200
86' Honda Reflex

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Hey guy's /gals I would'nt mind meeting up some times for a DRN north ride. I my self not completly set up yet (boy's bikes lacking) and I'd never will be ready by the 6th but please keep me in mind!
Hey Fred T. have you ever rode in flint at a place called the mounds (gensee county park)

------------------
99 fredette kdx 220
so many stickers so few places to put them.
86 kx 80
83 rm 125

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Marlin, The Mounds are about 5 miles from my work. The place is mostly a play area. There are not any enduro trails or a mx tracks.I ride there from time to time.If you want to go let me know.BTW the best place to ride in the whole state is the area around Marquette. Lots of trails, sandpits, and tracks.

------------------
Ben Walker
00 cr 250
BRC,AMA,NRA Member

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey Fred T. have you ever rode in flint at a place called the mounds (gensee county park)

[/B]

No I have not. When I rode 15 years ago I mostly practiced in Gladwin off M-61 and rode Enduros in Dist 14 200 A class. I'm not nearly in that kind of shape anymore and am a little more respectful of the trees. This is my frist bike since a 1981 KDX 175 which I sold in 1985 when family and work kept me off it.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I just got off the phone with a KAw dealer in Clare MI and they have absolutly no snow in Clare, Evert or Farwell. Also no snow in Gladwin either. I plan to go to Gladwin on Sunday to "pit race" a bit and get some time on my motor but I plan on staying out of the deep water and real muddy stuff. I am not sure where to go to find the trail head. Is there a north and south trail head?

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Fred, Gladwin DNR field rep says Gladwin trail is REAL WET!! He says if you really want to ride a dirt bike there, your best bet is to stay on the east edge of the loop that goes N/S, riding south from the parking area off of 61.
He says better (drier) riding can be found on the Leota trail located between Houghton Lake and Harrison. I think that is where we'll end up.
Trail maps can be found at: www.michigandnr.com

------------------
Magoo

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Magoo, When you return to Escanaba, please provide an update on the trails in Leota. As I recall these trails have a lot of sand and they are groomed on a regular basis (ie fewer whoops). :)

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
hey guys a little mud never scares a guy on a KTM, we ride right around all those drowned out mx bikes! l.o.l., if roscommon reports no snow maybe we will move back to the geels loop, this is an excellent loop that has very little traffic,whoops,mud or trail lice(atv's). only 30 to 45 min extra for a little treasure. what do ya think?

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
theres two loops at geels for a full day of riding, its just outside of st.helens and i would think everyone would be happy, not real technical, just a nice trail in good country.

[This message has been edited by WALKMAN (edited 03-30-2001).]

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by WALKMAN:
hey guys a little mud never scares a guy on a KTM, we ride right around all those drowned out mx bikes! l.o.l., if roscommon reports no snow maybe we will move back to the geels loop, this is an excellent loop that has very little traffic,whoops,mud or trail lice(atv's). only 30 to 45 min extra for a little treasure. what do ya think?

I'm in! :) e-mail me and I'll send you my phone number.

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Walkman and Fred T, I think it is time to start exchanging phone numbers for the ride next week. Please send me an email - [email protected].

Walkman, you will not be the only one on a KAATOOM! I would prefer muddy trails over whoops.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
No problem on the ride report after this weekends ride. Looks like we'll be staying in Houghton Lake and riding the Leota trials.

------------------
Magoo

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
I talked to Walkman the 30th and I think that we will do the leota trail on the 6th.Fred I got your email and will give you a call the first of the week.All are welcome anytime that we ride.

------------------
87 YZ 490
2001 wr426
chrome don't get you home

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Cool, Leota is my fav place to ride. I'm FINALLY getting to ride the bike today in Gladwin for tuning and break in riding. This will be my first ride in at least 15 years. I'll be ready for the 6th.
Fred

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am looking forward to Magoo's repot on Leota. I have not ridden there in a couple of years. It will be a shorter drive for me.
Anybody else wake up to new snow on Sunday? I am tired of this stuff!!!! :(

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Pretty funny we got snow when the weather man said it was going to 56 today.

------------------
Ben Walker
00 cr 250
BRC,AMA,NRA Member

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
No snow here, in fact I went to Gladwin and rode the south loop. Actually I got there alone and just putted around for a few miles to get a feel for the bike. The whoops were taking their toll on early arm pump so I headed back to the trail head and hooked up with 3 guys and rode with them through the south loop. Fell once-learned my lesson about damn ruts but I ended up riding real well for being off a bike for 15-17 years. I was never the last guy in the pack -I was thrilled.
The trail was in better shape than I expected as far as being dry- we ran into some water on the south loop but nothing to really get you stuck. A National GNCC rider was there named “Brown” and he rode the north loop and said that it was pretty wet with some black muck. He said there were bridges too.

We exchanged numbers and plan to get together again. I got 24 miles of trail in and that was satisfying for my first ride. I’ll be ready for Friday!

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

[This message has been edited by Fred T (edited 04-01-2001).]

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred, I am glad to hear your ride in Gladwin went so well. I am waiting for a ride report from Magoo and his trip to Leota. I will call you and Walkman tonight to make plans.
I did check the weather forcast. Temperature in the 60s sounds good...however, rain is predicted. :(

Who else is interesting in a ride on Friday, April 6th?

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I am. Drop me a email and let me know the particulars.

------------------
Ben Walker
00 cr 250
BRC,AMA,NRA Member

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom