anyone from michigan ready ?

anyone ready for a trailride, i've had the bike out twice and am ready for a ride, thinking first of april, won't have the new bike by then, but i'll ride one of the katooms, i'm rrrrreadyyyyy!!!!!!

Magoo

Subscriber
Yeah, I'm ready for a ride! Was gonna go to the Byron,IL race, but looks like its been rescheduled.
Since I've got a pass for the April 1 weekend, would you post trail conditions in your area towards the end of March? It'd be great to be able to go riding April 1! Maybe the Kalkaska area will be OK by then?

------------------
Magoo
Fear is Temporary, Regret is Permanent!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
I'm ready also!!! My dad and I were suffering from PMS = Parked Motorcyle Syndrome. We went to Bike Week in Daytona for the first time and were cured!!

The Kalkaska area at the end of March (beginning of April) sounds good to me. However, my relatives in that area still had a lot of snow on the ground last weekend.

Walkman, since you live in the area please keep us updated on the condition of the trails.

I never did trail riding in MI (only MX). Is there any good trail riding in South West MI?

walkman what are you doing planing a ride without me? Hey the new wr is going to be ready for pickup the 2nd week of April.Maybe you should go riding one more time with out me.Make notes on how it feels to lead because it will be the last time you get the chance.

------------------
87 YZ 490
2001 wr 426 on the way
chrome don't get you home

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
KXKEN,

The trail system starts north of Clare for the central part of the state and north of Muskegon for the west side. Sorry, no trails in the SW.

Walkman and jrccc,

Do you guys ride the CCC trail tours? I am planning to attend the Whiskey Creek ride the first weekend in May, but I am looking for a trail ride in April. Maybe we can hookup?

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Walkman, we are eager to get up to West Branch on April 13th for a ride. What are the conditions like this week??? Has the snow melted in the woods??

Thanks,
rickshaw

------------------
Rickshaw Racing
01' KTM 400EXC on order
87' Yamaha TW200
86' Honda Reflex

still snow as far south as gladwin, not enough to ride sleds, but enough for rough riding, it's melting fast and as long as we don't get a bunch this week and get rain instead we should be okay for the first of april!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
Walkman, is the 13th a definite date to put on the calendar?

Rickshaw, I work in Howell. Anyplace to ride in the area?

Jeff Allen

Lifetime Sponsor
Went to Cedar Creek ORV trail (north of Muskegon) yesterday. Still had snow/ice/deep water on the trails if you were in the pines, but pretty much clear trail if you got into open. Some places even had 4-6 inches of snow.
May take some time for it to clear up, the pines are pretty thick and not much sun was getting thru.

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"
my photos

let's mark the 13th, how does the geel's system near st. helen sound? i've ridden the north loop and it is a good one, they've now got a connector to the south loop so it would be a good ride!

bwalker

Lifetime Sponsor
I would like to hook up with you guys and go on a trail ride. I am located nw of Flint.
Magoo, where in the UP do you live. I lived in Marquette untill last this year.
Jeff, Let me know next time you ride.btw did you Jet your bike yet?

------------------
Ben Walker
00 cr 250
BRC,AMA,NRA Member

Hey Walkman! guess what is in the garage as I'am sending this? That's right the wr426 is here and it's all mine.I think the 13th is ok with me.Look forward to meeting some new riding friends.Walkman save me a seat in the jeep for the 13th.

------------------
87 YZ 490
2001 wr 426 on the way
chrome don't get you home

Jeff Allen

Lifetime Sponsor
Ben,
I let you know when we head out next, might be heading down to Logroad MX in Coldwater sometime soon.
When are you planning on going to Silverlake?

The bike is running great now, new top end (wich it needed badly) and some Boyesen Carbon Fiber reeds really help and no spooge at this time.

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"
my photos

[This message has been edited by Jeff Allen (edited 03-22-2001).]