longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I'm most likely out of commission for a long while -- looks like I need rotator cuff surgery thanks to drunk moron. Only hope left is second opinion. . . course, there's always one handed follow-the-little-kid's rides. Jeff -- got your boy? Check pm.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Lt- Sorry to hear about the shoulder

My neighbor really wants to give riding a try. I will talk to him tonight but I think I will plan on going to El Mirage Saturday. We will most likely hang around the truck since I only have my RM and the XR100.

My son is back home until June. Bring your boy out and he can teach my friend how to ride. That should make him feel good.:p

Thanks to all the others who put out the invites. In return I would like to invite you all to the club enduro on Sat..... I know I know most of you are allready in the club but those of you who arent should come out.

Enduro starts at 9am next Sunday at El Mirage.

Last edited:

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Sounds like a good ride. Looks like thats going to be to good weekend rides that I miss because of this dang flu bug. If I make a quick recovery I`ll be there, otherwise have fun.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by LongTime
I'm most likely out of commission for a long while -- looks like I need rotator cuff surgery thanks to drunk moron.

Were you the drunk moron?:confused: Bummer about the shoulder, definatly get a second opinion. I tore more carteldge in my knee last summer, some said surgury , some didn't, but I could barely walk. A little rest and rehab and its better, not perfect but pretty much nothing else on me is anymore. :uh:

Good luck, You'll have to come by and at least ride the new WR250F:) :)

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Sorry Boys but I'm gettin the Rig ready to haul Bundy's big A$$ to Reno next weekend. I can't wait for that trip.... :) :)

The wife did say something about being at a baby shower on the 23rd though so lets start planning for a BIG group ride then...

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Got all the supplies today, ripped up the old floor, and scraped all the old glue. Tomorrow the new floor and toilet go in.
D-R----the 23rd is Adelanto G.P. My son and I go every year---it's a tradition with us.
I guess next weekend I'll be ready to take the ol' KTM out!:)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
wind

Well, I intended to attend the OTHG race at Starwest today, but the wind and dust put an end to that plan. I couldn't find the nads to try the back double last weekend, and it would be crazy for the "good" riders to try it today - not a good day to try any kind of jump. The dust floating in the air put an end to any kind of riding for me this weekend.:silly:

Hey, Boy - if you're not going to Reno, you should come out to EL Mirage enduro next weekend.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Just finished the bathroom! I'm so proud of how it turned out!:)

Holeshot---is that the TWMC putting on the event? I'll try to come out, even if it's just to hang with the guys and ride a little bit.:D

I think this is appropriate now: :uh: :uh: :uh:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Way to go - I can't wait to try it out ! :uh:

Gorman ride report in ... where else ? Ride Reports.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
KTMboy:

Yes. it's the TWMC event. I'll be out Sat. morning so I can get my 10 year old into the Sat afternoon kid's event (the adults can follow them around the course and help when needed). The main enduro is early Sun. morning - I'll be focusing on finishing (not missing any checks).

I'm off to ride reports to read Eel's post.......

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001

Went out to El Mirage on Saturday. Outside of being windy, it was great weather. Looked all over for RMJeff but he was a no show. Someone ate it big time on the lakebed and had to be airlifted out. First thing, that came to mind was that it was Jeff or his beginner friend. After checking out the crash site, it turned out to be a Honda. Or so it appeared. No yellow so I figured it must have been someone else hot-dogging. That’s the first time I rode out in the El Mirage in over two decades. I’m trying to figure out which racecourse layout (District?) that was setup. After riding it for a short while I have to admit, that’s going to be a fun ride. Rocks, Rocks and more Rocks. I would hate to go over the bars in any of the rock sections during that race. Nonetheless, it looks like a neat course layout.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Re: *

Originally posted by Boodac
Looked all over for RMJeff but he was a no show.

I unfortunately seem to be doing alot of that. :(

I will most definetly be at El Mirage on Sat and Sun for the club. Arriving Sat around 10:30 for a ride with some friends. I will probably hang out for awhile after that then go home. I will return the next morning for the enduro.

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Hey Boodac, I was at El Mirage on Saturday too. My dad and I came back from a ride and saw the helicopter landing, must have been pretty bad. And those rocks, I kept thinking how much it would hurt to fall. My first time at El Mirage was a lot of fun. Until my bike gave up on the lakebed and my dad had to tow me to the truck. :( Oh well, guess its time for a new one anyways.:p

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Andrew I saw a lot of bikes, especially older bikes out there. Might have passed by you at one point or another. I don’t remember a YZ though. Next time you see a post, you and your dad should swing on by. Saturday was a take the kids out weekend. So, I finished that responsibility so far. Although the daughter isn’t too bad a rider even if, she does ride blue <joking>. Thinking about heading out to ride this weekend. It’s all going to depend on work schedule. I need a work schedule like some of these guys.
<Work Mon- Thurs and ride Fri-Sun> That’s my kind of job.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by Boodac
Hey Jeff, is that what that course layout was for, your club enduro? If so, they did a nice job.

It might be.... They usually do a great job laying the courses. Too bad I cant seem to follow the ribbon:( Last ride I went to I took Holeshot of course for about a mile.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff

Last ride I went to I took Holeshot off course for about a mile.

LOL:) Everyone's on his own in an enduro, so they can only blame themselves if they go off course. I probably DNF'd before I got to that point anyway.

I'll try and pay more attention next time...:cool:

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Hey Boodac, thanks for the invite. I'll keep an eye on the posts. Looks like I may be getting a new bike this week, so I may be breaking it in.

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Thanks. I haven't been riding all that long, so I thought the 520 might be a little too much for me. All that power would probably get me into more trouble than I could handle. And besides, even with the 400, I know I'll be the slowest part on the bike. I'll probably be out at El Mirage again this weekend with my sister breaking in the ktm.

Top Bottom