mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Call me stupid... :coocoo: But could someone please give me the run down on how an auto-clutch works. Can I come to a complete stop without the engine stalling? Can I still use the hand clutch in conjunction with the auto-clutch?...like to lift the front tire when I need to. Is it like a say...4 wheeler that has a manual shift lever without a clutch lever? I've read people refereing to them, but don't know anyone that actually has one. Would it be a tremendous improvement in tight woods and low speed hill climbs? I ride a CRF250X in the woods and race Harescrambles and the occasional Enduro as often as work/family permits.

Thanks for the info. :cool:

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
The way I understand it is that the auto clutch from Rekluse is somewhat like a 4 wheeler clutch, with your normal gears 1-5 but no actual clutch to pull. Seems to me that it would idle like a 4 wheeler and not die. That would be great for trails. I'm waiting for Rekluse to make one for my bike and then I'm gonna try one out. I'd love to ride 2nd or 3rd gear on most trails.

By the way, you guys were as dirty as us last weekend at Barnwell. :)

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Yea...between the flat tire on Sat. and a thrown chain stuck between the front sproket and swingarm on Sun.(did you hit the nasty rut in the single track stuff between mile 4and 5) we didn't get to ride near as much as we wanted to. It would be nice if Barnwell was open all day on Fri. for people traveling far to make a long weekend out of it. Tell Mark thanks for hooking my son up with the tube. Looking forward to going back...Barnwell is a great place to ride. :)

steveva

Oct 26, 2004
the rekluse is in my opinion the one to get.. very easy to install/setup, first time I did it it took under an hour and that includes walking inside and getting another beer. Im sure you read it by now but the Rekluse has an optional clutch perch adjuster.. this allows you to use your clutch just as you would normally,, and also allows you to quickly adjust the engagement of the clutch.. as far as being like a 4-wheeler clutch,, I don't think that is exactly true.. you can adjust how much the clutch slips before it locks up totally.. its GREAT for woodsriding which is what I do. And no I CANNOT stall my bike with this clutch.. brake slide into corners without even looking at the clutch lever, Drop your bike, no problem, pick it up and twist the gas... I have it set up to engage pretty early in the revs,, but for mx you can install the heavier spring in the perch adjuster (15mins max) that would automatically slip, read feather, the clutch coming out of turns allowing you to keep it in the power without touching the clutch.. It takes some getting used to but everyone who rides my bike LOVES it..It really is like having a pro working the clutch for you..

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
mafols said:
Yea...between the flat tire on Sat. and a thrown chain stuck between the front sproket and swingarm on Sun.(did you hit the nasty rut in the single track stuff between mile 4and 5) we didn't get to ride near as much as we wanted to. It would be nice if Barnwell was open all day on Fri. for people traveling far to make a long weekend out of it. Tell Mark thanks for hooking my son up with the tube. Looking forward to going back...Barnwell is a great place to ride. :)

I'm pretty sure I did, seems like I hit just about everything out there last Saturday. :yikes:

Top Bottom