endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
I've read that auto clutches will "revolutionize" trail riding. Does anyone care to tell their experience. I want to build a KX250F into a woods racer and I've read that auto clutches help bikes not stalling. Can I get an unbiased opinion from users.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Have about 5 woods riding friends that run auto-clutches. Only one has removed it (just between you and me, I think he always rides a gear too high which is why he burns them up.) Also, hope the KXF is good this year.........(valve and valvetrain issues.)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Autoclutches are awsome. I had one on my YZ450F and loved it. Best mod I made to the bike, hands down. I'm considering one for my 250 2S but haven't decided just yet.

endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
Would it prevent stalling? At all? I'm kinda new to the sport and I keep stalling the bike. I used to ride a 2 stroke Gas Gas, EC300 and even though it's a fairly easty bike to start, it would kill me having to kick it.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It does not eleminate stalling but reduces the occurance by at least 90%. Basicly, if the autoclutch is fully locked up and you are, say, spinning the rear tire trying to go up an embankment. If you chop the throttle, the bike will try to go backwards, thus, stalling the bike. If the clutch is fully locked up and you jamb on the rear break, you'll stall. However, under moderate loads with a sudden break lock up or throttle chop you will not stall. The Rekluse comes with 2 springs, MX and Trail. The trail spring is stiffer and causes the clutch to full lock quickly while the MX spring allows for some more slipping before locking up.
I used the MX spring and did 99% aggressive trail riding. Like I said, you can still stall but the occurrance goes way down.

endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
Wow great info, thanks, I think that while Kawasaki decides to make an off road 250F with an electric start I'll go this way.

ziptiedEXC

Apr 5, 2006
I have the Rekluse on my 250 EXC, and it is like cheating. The only time I ever stall now is when I ride my sons YZ, and forget to pull in the clutch.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
ziptiedEXC said:
I have the Rekluse on my 250 EXC, and it is like cheating. The only time I ever stall now is when I ride my sons YZ, and forget to pull in the clutch.
I do the same on my 250 now. LOL!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
CHR!S said:
does the reckluse have a manual override kinda deal?

Yes, it an option on most bikes.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom