Big SX shakeup, DV out at Daytona

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Points leader David Vuillemin won't be racing this afternoon at Daytona. Seems his wreck last weekend during a Transworld MX photo shoot was bad after all. DV said the main problem was his sholder and he was unable to do any of the doubles on the track in practice. What a wild and crazy SX series. Now the question is can he come back next weekend and be competitive and maybe keep some title hopes alive? RC could be the points leader by tonight.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
What a tragedy. It will be interesting to see what he can do the rest of the season. I hate that the season is now being handed back to Carmichael. What can ya say? TP jumps off a cliff, no prob. DV does a photo shoot and dumps the season.:uh:

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
While I have a lot of respect for most of these guy's, it is getting harder to understand thier complete lack of focus. Is the goal not the championship? why would you jepoardize it? weather it was snow skiing or a photo shoot. Would not a more real life add photo, be of him leading a supercross, or in a last lap pass on RC? or is it that heaven forbid there might be some dirt on his bike! Seems lately there have been numerous off track incidents claiming racers in both the dirt and road races. I thought these guy's were pro's? being paid for a specific job? I say give the money the guy's that knows what delayed gratifacation is all about. Rant off.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I thought these guy's were pro's? being paid for a specific job?
Yes they are and it's to sell bikes. Photo shoots, promos, apearances, etc. are all part of their job.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Yes they are and it's to sell bikes. Photo shoots, promos, apearances, etc. are all part of their job.

Agreed, but the promo people should have enough brains to realize that if they hurt their top rider and he can't race the photoshoot becomes virtually useless because those swing sales go to the companies putting racers on the podium, not watching on the sidelines. So I guess Tim Ferry saved some ad guys behind on this one.

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
I know your right Okie. Hopefully he made enough $$ off the product endorsement to make it worth throwing away a stellar shot at the title. To me personally, I would think a title under your belt would up your endorsement value (delayed gratification). On a secondary note, I hate to see championships won or lost in this kind of fashion, as it leaves to many what ifs. I sincerely hope DV is able to still comeback and add some excitement. Atleast we have the 125's to look forward to!

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
There was no doubt RC would have caught up with DV by the end of series, IMO. He wants it bad and he'll work his tail off to get it. RC did not need DV to get hurt. Rc would have chipped away at the point lead till the end.I will enjoy watching Vuillimen get beat.After that little show a couple of weeks ago, i'v no use for him.
TP will take himself out for good eventually.Daytona may have done it.

Sierra Flash

Dec 29, 2000
Getting Hurt!

Did some people forget that DV accumulated that big points lead due to
RC getting hurt in the first round??? The fact is RC had won more races
then DV prior to Daytona, now that each one has a DNF race we see RC in
the points lead. Even the riders consider RC the best motocross rider in the world. Looks like Rickey is at full power now so expect a long streak of victories.
I suppose you do have to hand the title to a rider when you cannot beat
him LOL!

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
I didn't.RC does not like to get beat, and it fuels his determination.He will push himself till the end and, once again , prove him self the champion he is. That is is not cockyness, that is determination! Some other american riders could use that attitude!

Bucko

Jan 31, 2002
Amen 2big4akdx

My heart was a pumping every time RC went through the ruff stuff, looked like a wild track, I was just waiting for the next guy to go down.

I have friends I took to the MN SX that are just getting into SX racing and even those dudes are saying that guy can really ride.

RC DNF while on the track, DV DNF cuz of photos, big difference IMO

Not to get off the subject and sound like a jerk, but is Reed getting a BIG HEAD?

I like TP also I just wish he would finish a race, he reminds me alot of Nicky Hayden, always on the edge and just waiting for them to crash, big ones to Nicky for the 200 win today.

Go Red Riders

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
What is DNF?

I hope it ends up a race between TP and RC.

Wait till next year when TP matures a little.

The next 2-3 years will be TP and Bubba all the way.

Of course RC might mess up the TP prediciton.

:aj:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
according to racerx, tp is out for new orleans too. he better start maturing pretty quick. he may not get many more chances.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
What about DV for New Orleans, is he in or out? By the time they get to Houston might not be many riders to go see that are still able to ride. Rob

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom