• Hitch carrier

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • other

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I just switched from a full size truck and 28' toy hauler to a van and a 6x10 enclosed.

When just using the truck, with bikes and gear loaded, things seemed to disappear regularly.
When using the truck and toy hauler it was a little more "work" to go places, but quite nice once there. Biggest problem I had was that I am a woods guy too, and when going to HS or Enduros, I always had trouble finding a spot for the toy hauler.

Now I use a E150 van (windows tinted) with one row of seating, I can fit 2 bikes inthere easily. Everything is locked up, out of sight out of mind. When going somewhere over night, I use the 6x10 v-nose trailer, as I can sleep in that or the van.
I can fit 3 full size bikes no problem, even an additional mini if needed.
I'm still working on the trailer, cabinets are in, air and heat and water will be in soon. Good enough for a couple of nights, and again, lockable, out of sight, out of mind.

Krabill

May 10, 2006
I ride it :ride:

2qbgd1u.jpg

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
My bro in law just built this for me!!! He's gonna start selling them. it's beefy and light enough to carry in one arm!

darn pic didn't upload

RoadDawg

Jul 10, 2009
My opinion

I have a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab and I can get our two KDX 220's in the back, but it's a real pain in the ass & back. I have a ramp and it's hard for me to push my bike in because of the heighth. I would suggest doing what I did. I bought a 6 x 12 utility trailer and it's sweet.

I thought about getting the single bike trailer hitch, but that only solves the problem for one bike.

Get a trailer, it's alot easier on the back.

goonn

Oct 15, 2009
i use a 10ft long bed chevy 1500 with a tool box i can get 3 fullsize bikes and a mini (85)
without the toolbox and 3 fullsize with, sometimes ill throw them in the van if i plan on stoping... that lightning has the same 5.4L supercharged v8 as a ford gt correct?

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Porkchop's bike transpo method

Hey guys & gals, chopman & clan uses a 10 foot utility trailer, custom equipped with welded perimeter tie down anchors, a nest for propane tank, battery, a 2500 lb. winch, barbecue, a secure welded lock box,a nest for a 4 ft ratchet jack, & a stainless steel tailgate that is removable for use as a load ramp. The Q is hard plumbed with copper tube, & is the second one to be installed. The first one was destroyed when I turned around too close to a chain link fence & the hood handle hooked the fence, ripping the whole Q off it's mounting & catapulting it skyward to come crashing down in the middle of the road. :yikes: I stopped & retrieved the carnage, to a standing ovation by a bunch of guys working in a body shop that saw what just happened. :ohmy: I thanked them, still in disbelief of what just happened to my much loved Q, thru it in the trailer with the crf 450 x & all my camp gear& went on my merry way. I found a used Q at a garage sale for $5,it has a handle that is molded & can not hook on anything & replaced the first Q. :whoa:
Hence forth, The Flying Iron Porkchop ......
( this is one version of why i was tagged porkchop by the bombadeer)

IamRyan

Aug 23, 2006
Good ol' 89 Vandura, it just happens to be as old as I am but if your careful you can get 4 bikes in the back two forwards and two backwards.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
IamRyan said:
Good ol' 89 Vandura, it just happens to be as old as I am but if your careful you can get 4 bikes in the back two forwards and two backwards.

Holy Moley ... if I had a truck the same age as I am, I'm not sure I would want ANYTHING in the bed.

I cna restore a truck, but can't restore myself ... too bad.

I am kinda like Nikki, but don't have the toy hauler.

2500 Silverado, an open 5x10 trailer and an enclosed 7x14 trailer.

The truck is also equipped to haul a gooseneck, but all I haul with it is a dozer at the moment.

I have pondered getting a small toybox and if work ever picks up where I am on the road, but in one place for an extended period again, I will likely get one.

I also have an S10 for rides where it is just me.

Top Bottom