crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
hey all, just making sure everyone knows that this coming weekend June 1st is the District 14 Bridgeton Harescramble "Raymonds Revenge".. gate fee's are adults/10.00, kids 5-12/6.00, and kids 4-under/FREE.. Kids race will start about 10:30... adults around noon.. The track isn't completely done yet, still some trail to be marked.. But the motocross track is done and we put in some new bridges in different areas.. Some of us are out there scouting out new hills for ya all too.. This year we will have the hills be re-routed easily if needed.. But i don't think we should have too.. The club is going to be watering the track days before the race as to keep the dust down... any ?s let me know or go to www.muskegonmotorcycleclub.com.... hope to see ya all there.. this should also be a really great spectators race with lots of good hills and fast sections..

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
OH you will have plenty of obstacles.. put some good soft-interm. terrain tires on for this race.. the terrain is a loose top sole with mud, clay "wet and dry", sand and black dirt.. It has every kind of terrain you could think of accept rocks... dwayne your millvilles will work really well at bridgeton... I would swap the millville front for the washougal though..

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I run the Washougal front & Millville rear combo for everything. I heard this will be a fun race :cool:

Superbike373

Apr 11, 2004
Had the mis fortune of running some wasted tires last year, no fun. Got new rubber! Should be pretty dusty like last year? Did you get any rain? Looking forward to a fun ride. ----Mike

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
We got lots of rain.. it may even be wet still sunday.. the track looks great, i don't think we will have much of any dust.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
This "Raymonds Revenge" is not treating Brett & I very good at all - For the 2nd year in a row we have managed to grenade another bike there! It’s like bad Voodoo……

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
Jim

I liked the course, minus the ridiculous hill climb out of the hole in the center. The really steep one that got rerouted just after a bunch of people made it to the top.

Last edited:

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
Yeah the hills were a little extreme for some, people were waiting at the bottom of the hills for there ticket to ride or something... i was doing well until the second to last lap.. throttle stuck on the top back section in 4th gear and my helmet played pinball with some trees .. someone stopped to ask if i was ok but i couldn't really see them or talk correctly.. i finished 7th in my class and some rediculous 21st overall.... not really happy since i was leading my class with one lap to go... better luck next time i guess..

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
i was kinda disappointed when then rerouted all the fun hills. thats the whole reason i went to this one.
i missed 1st place by 17 seconds, now i wish i didn't take my time that last lap.
it took me an hour to wash my bike after this one...

Iron Mike

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 26, 2007
The orginization of the race was horrible. The track was great. The hills would have been fine without all the people laying all over it. Ridicoulous bottle necks. Just to many people for muddy hills like that. You have to have momentum for hills like that, kinda hard to do with ten dudes falling down in front of you. Great woods sections with good flow. Great track for the most part. "Yeah the hills were a little extreme for some, people were waiting at the bottom of the hills for there ticket to ride or something" I guess that event was just TOO EXTREME. I know at least 6 people who wont be back. They were really upset at the orginization.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
crazytrails said:
Yeah the hills were a little extreme for some, people were waiting at the bottom of the hills for there ticket to ride or something... QUOTE]

It’s pretty damn sorry to have to wait on two guys to end a pushing & shoving match while their bikes are lying in a heap in the middle of a hill!

This is why there should have been two options at the hills right off the get go at the start of the race – Short being straight up and the other a longer way around….I was not impressed. It’s too bad the inexperienced riders did not have that option as they are the one’s that indeed pay the bills.

DW

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
What a misserable debacle that event was. The AMA D14 HS Officers have apologized on their website for the event, despite not being directly responsible (I doubt we'll get an apology from those that should :coocoo:; so they took the hit ). Bridgeton is a great facility with the potential for a great race course. The way the course was routed for the last 30 minutes of the three hour event is the way it should have started the day out :bang:. Everyone would have had just as much fun.

List of things that weren't right: Sign-up (NO staff was provided other than 2 people provided as helpers by D14...it took an hour to sign up); the arrogant tirade at the riders meeting; the start (no warning for M class....they didn't even start the SS class, who waited for nearly 4 minutes before they got to start); An injured rider (broken neck :whoa: )left laying for over an hour with no help due to not near enough staff acting as sweep riders; not near enough staff for the hills that were present on the first lap; the course marking, although better than last year, was still not good; not calling the race properly at scoring (Aaron Wegner didn't get a white flag....then they gave it to someone else...Gallt maybe....then they wouldn't give Aaron the checkered, then they pulled him off the course on the MX section and said "you're done" ); Giving a two-hour overall trophy (they were specifically instructed not to do this...but hey, his buddy was going to be the winner) that was larger than the real (and only) Overall winner.....then telling the overall winner "Oh, you probably already have enough of these" as an apology......this is just a short list of the crap that went on that is being worked on.

With regards to the hills.....yep, there are plenty of us out there who can make a run at them and get up 'em :blah: ; but they don't and shouldn't make up the main obsticles at an under-manned race. This is a points paying series with numerous intermediate and "C" level riders who are chasing after points. We want a race course.....not a last man standing one-off event. If they want to have a club race and put the hills in and stand there as club members drinking beer and laughing at the guys who can't get up the hills...by all means have a blast boys. But it doesn't and shouldn't make up a RACE course for a points paying series.

And I strongly believe that they will not hold another points paying race under the same referee/course design team for D14 HS again.

For what it's worth....
Blast away boys...

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
I don't think anyone is going to "blast" you for what you said. I wrote something similar and then edited it since I know the guy who built the course put a lot of effort into it. The problem seemed to be that the club didn't care how things went.

I was off course 3 times before I made it to the valley where everyone was stopped at. Then, I made it to the top of the hill in question after 2 missed attempts due to bikes stuck or tumbling down the hill only to be turned around by an official.

I then got redirected the wrong way by another worker up a hill. He pointed us a different way than the signs pointed. I got stuck behind a rider and then got stuck on a tree in the rut. We pulled 3 bikes to the top. My plug was dead by then so I had to walk out about a mile for a replacement and some tools. I tried to get some "workers" to give me a ride on their quad but they wouldn't.

Fixxed the bike and finished a total of 2 laps. It's a good thing that I rode the rest of the race out because I debated being done with these races. The last 40 minutes I rode were fun.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
I know he put a ton of effort into it. But he also completely ignored all of the advice that was given to him (that he asked opinions on!!) and went ahead and did his own thing. Bottom line: they are not capable of holding a points paying D14 race with the lack of staff support and under his direction. It's a shame, because it's a fantastic place to have a great race.

Your story isn't unlike mine for the day.....and a ton of other riders that showed up for an actual race. It's cool that you were able to get back out there, because the track was a fun course for the last 30 minutes to an hour.

The D14 officers have received numerous complaints about all aspects that I highlighted, including the rude way everyone was treated during the riders meeting and the awards. It's just a shame.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
fatherandson said:
If I recall....this course was voted as the Hare Scramble Course of the Year at the Banquet. Correct?
well i didnt and still wouldnt vote for it wed be better off goin back to morlands

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Well I was thinking of going to this HS but decided to not spend the Gas money on a 3+ hour trip AND the $35 entry fee so I went to Wolverine and had a great day riding with my friends. Sounds like I made the right decision. The comments remind me of the last few years at the Summer Bummer Enduro...we will see.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
The comments remind me of the last few years at the Summer Bummer Enduro...we will see.
"Summer Bummer" - Again good course with no man power. I'll be tossing that one out and going to the OMA National in Ohio for another ball buster that weekend.

By the way Freddy it was 10.00 gate fee and 27.00 sign up. Anyhow, Don & Fred good call :cool:

PS. Although you two missed a very colorful riders meeting :rotfl:

Iron Mike

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 26, 2007
"The D14 officers have received numerous complaints about all aspects that I highlighted, including the rude way everyone was treated during the riders meeting and the awards. It's just a shame."

What a great way to Host a race. Charge admition then treat everyone as they are so lucky to be there! Then yell at them.

I agree that it is a great facility with poor orginazation and under staffed. ----Mike

Trashrider

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 3, 2004
I liked the course. It could have been improved as far the the "flow" of the trail goes. My biggest concern is the club accepts the criticism and moves forward. I would hope the club does not become defensive and says, "Screw you guys, no more". It is truly National caliber terrain. I want to end my post on a positive note. Muskegon MC, please hold another event and listen to the HS Riders.

Mark Becker #184 Senior

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Man, am I sorry that I missed it..........and decided to put together a trail ride in Wolverine! Had a great ride with a fun group.
Don

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
What time did you guys ride Wolverine? I rode the "C" loop on Sunday from 9:00 to 11:00 and didn't see soul! It was beautiful morning for a ride! I was the first one on the loop since the rain on Saturday.

Top Bottom