Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
We met at 9:30 Sunday and rode the B loop. It was a great for a ride.

dirtmark

Oct 22, 2007
I think the club is proud to be "hardcore" & I don't think most have a problem w/ that.
A fair shot is all anybody really wants ,isn't it ?
We wouldn't compete in this sport if wasn't a challenge !
But the "screw it " attitude is not "hardcore"
The riders meeting promised "easy or hard way " directions
... as I rode the course I thought ,,,did I miss something ?
A clearer view of approach to the extreme hills would have helped riders make it and would have reduced the bottleneck problems.
I know it takes a lot of effort just to put one of these on,
the effort here just needs to be re-directed
This could be the premier event of the year
Their blessed with an awsome piece of property
It's just dissappointing when the basic guidelines for having a d.14 hare scramble aren't followed.
I hope that we can come back.

mark

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Mark,

It is very diappointing when the basic guidelines for holding a D14 race can't be followed, you're absolutely right.

The D14 officers have been banging their heads and jumping up and down in an effort to get them (him) to listen to us with regards to every single thing that went wrong with that race.

Bottom line: You can't ration with irrational people. We tried and tried and tried to get them (him) to listen to us, and were met with an "ef u" attitude at every point. After receiving the "Track of the Year" last year, their (his) ego got even bigger and they (he) wouldn't listen to anyone, despite repeated begging and pleading not to do what was done.

It is my sincerest hope that we can make something work out there for next year and in years coming.....but if the same staff is lead by the same guy, they almost assurably won't be having a race again.

It just goes to show that a great facility can be ruined by a bull-headed ego. --Mark 7M

moto961

Jun 4, 2008
The Last time for me

What can I say that race was a joke, between no one helping Vir at signup to a guy laying in the woods for more than a hour and a half when people at scoring new from the moment it happened. Oh lets not forget about the Biggest trophy going to tracks best little buddy not to the overall winner. How about those hills for are new racers to are series who are not hill climbers and no 2nd route for them like Jim sad there would be to the right with two arrows. I wish I would have stayed home with my family instead of waisting my day there. Also didnt like the way there CLUB members that raced tryed to take people out on more than one occ.They should have the guys from Battle Creek lay out there course then it would be a race for all the people who signed up.

moto961

Jun 4, 2008
Last time at brig

I would like to thank the people at scoring for doing there jobs well at scanning they were on top of there jobs and I did see some riders sweeping the track and manning one of the hills with shovels to keep it flowing but as for the rest they need a new crew.

Top Bottom