a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Is it me or is it the fact that when you advertise a vehicle or motorcycle for sale on the open market, the freaks come out? Case and point: I advertised my Suzuki for sale in our local ads and now, like others have experienced before, the freaks come out, usually from out of the country.

I've got hits from the Prince of Zambania stating he wants my bike, riiiighhhhtttt. Then come the morons from Europe, or at least bouncing off a European server, that they will send a check to my account if I give it to them. Now I know that some have to fall for it, otherwise this wouldn't keep coming up but geesh, do they ever stop?

I reply back that they can deliver the cash only, to my work address, then we can arrange shipping. I usually don't get any more replies from Mr. John Smith.

Don't fall for this scam please, selling a bike is hard enough, let alone dealing with these morons. Make sure the buyer has cash, if they meet you, meet them at a bank, cash the check under their bank, then give title. Get information on the buyer as well. If they don't want to give it, don't sell it, it isn't worth it.

The old saying goes, and will never change. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
It's not just you. I'm trying to sell a bike right now and the only hits I'm getting are from scammers. Got one today from Joe White in Canada whose client is in Europe and of course he wants to pay with cashier's check. :|
I pretty much gave him one of these ----> :nener:

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
a454elk said:
The old saying goes, and will never change. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

Darn right! I've gotten scam emails on every vehicle I've sold in the past 3 years. I got about 6 on the last one. I was so fed up at the end I told the guy to meet me in a dark alley and we would work out the details :debil: .

Good luck with your sale, it's tough sometimes. I got really lucky on my last dirtbike sale and sold it to a friend. Didn't even have to advertise it. I think the key is to make it too irresistable for them to turn down. :cool:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
lol

Here's the rest of the scam. He'll send me $7k, 4 more than I'm asking, and I send HIM the 4 via Western Union money order so he can pay for shipping. ummmmmm, I may be a mall cop but golly, that doesn't sound right!? Why not just pay for shipping yourself you moron. Oh, he said I could keep an extra 200 clams for myself. What a nice guy.

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I'm selling and advertising my truck, toy hauler and yzf... and I've yet to get any scam offers.

I'm thinking they just target the extremely gullible...

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Pvt Joker said:
I'm thinking they just target the extremely gullible...

BUUWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :yikes:

Good one Joker. ;) :laugh: :rotfl:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
They target me dummy. ummm....

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
a454elk said:
lol

ummmmmm, I may be a mall cop but golly, that doesn't sound right!?

Carlo.

I'll give you $10,000 for it. But, you have to deliver it in a brand new crew cab diesel. And I get to keep the truck too. ;) Delivery charge.

Such a deal. :yeehaw:

Hey Trackraker. Copper is spelt with two p's. Jeeze, doncha have a spel cheker? :moon:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You guys are all morons, I swear.....

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
a454elk said:
You guys are all morons, I swear.....

And you're the leader of that gang. :moon:

Find the surprise on the CRF450 yet? It's really well hidden. :rotfl:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You have no idea what you have done.....

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Thanks for the links Taraker too funny! :laugh:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
taraker said:
Don't you need to be washin' that soccer mom car of yours? :nener:

It's only temporary whiner. Don't you need to cry some more about riding in muddy conditions. It's been what?.... a day since you last whined about a ride that happened a week ago. :moon:

It was only a little sand and water. And it's not like the tractor was burying itself.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Scams are funny.... even funnier if they are innocent in nature. Much funnier if they result in a friend properly prepping a new bike. :rotfl:

Top Bottom