slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser

That reminds me. . .Poison's Every Rose Has Its Thorn would be very cool if rendered acoustically.

Yeah, I said it. . .POISON. :moon:

BUT, you guys have to wear the hair for the full effect! :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm sure motometal will bring along his 'fro next year. :aj:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'll wear the hair if you will. I'll have to rent it though. :)

You guys gotta do some Bob Marley. Southern Spodefest attendees had the pleasure of hearing Waiting In Vain done by an old guy at a Mexican resataurant. It was a pretty good rendition, too, except it was done on a flute. :eek:
I guess it all boils down to who you wanna entertain.

Hooker: "Who you gonna please with that little thing?"

Customer: "ME!"

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by gospeedracer

The second the words "Honky Tonk" escape from anyone's lips you can count on me to disappear! :p
Don't disapperar. I was just kidding.

B

biglou

It's time. :p If anyone wants to work on any of this stuff here for a definitely non-accoustic set, let me know and I'll burn some CD's. I'm good for rythm guitar for any of these (sounds easy, doesn't it? :debil: ) and maybe bass on some. I've got guitars and one 5-string bass. Looking for Jeff Allen, Jeff Gilbert, Rooster and SirReel on these. We have plenty of time to practice individually. Maybe an impromptu afternoon jam next year at CL for a warmup? Anywho, here's my list:

Metallica:
The Four Horsemen
Master of Puppets
Blackened
Shortest Straw
Harvester of Sorrow

Sepultura:
Roots, Bloody Roots

Monter Voodoo Machine:
Basturd is as Basturd Does

System of a Down:
Prison Song

The Bleeders:
Two Lane Blacktop :thumb:

Creed:
What If

Drowning Pool:
Bodies

P.O.D.:
Boom!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
If that's the case, I'm gonna need a little bit different set-up! :cool: I better call Lars and see what he has laying around......... :)

SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
"To kill the pharoh's first born son"... or somethin like that...
And if you know The four horsemen, might as well add Mechanix from Megadeth :confused: I know all of those, 'cept for the new stuff you listed, but I refuse to learn anything from Creed... I don't know what it is, but they just annoy the crap out of me.
And what about something from Sacred Reich, old Anthrax, or my favorite band of all time Slayer :aj: at least South of Heaven is fairly tame. And if you want to get crazy, I know a bunch of stuff from Cacophony and RacerX.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Keith, you must be reffering to the song by Beavis & Buttheads favorite headbangers, Gwar! :)

heheheheh Gwar roolz!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I would like to see Jeff Allen in a Nugent wig with a full rendition of Stranglehold :flame:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Man, I am seriously out of touch .... at least with rock. Oh Well ....
Regarding artists ... anything by Gary P. or Townes. (Jeff knows)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Man, I am seriously out of touch .... at least with rock. Oh Well ....
Regarding artists ... anything by Gary P. or Townes. (Jeff knows)
I've actually worked with Gary P once a few years ago.

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
If I ever make it to a DW I can Bring... 4 six stringers
1 Twelve string
1 Banjo
1 Mandolin
1 Bass
And besides only being 15 I can play Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven, Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alabama, Eric Clapton, Bowling for Soup, Incubus, Goldfinger, Sublime, Blink 182, A tad of BB King.. Too bad i don't know if i'll ever make a DW

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by 326mx
.... Too bad i don't know if i'll ever make a DW
Stick your thumb out and tell school you are taking a band trip!
There were a bunch of people there from IL.
Tony

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Originally posted by slo' mo
I would like to see Jeff Allen in a Nugent wig with a full rendition of Stranglehold :flame:

If I could play half as good as Tedly I would be pleased. Next year I'll make sure I'm not tuned a half step lower than everyone else is. Changing a locking Floyd is a pain in the butt.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
For all you guys that can make starvation boxes sing, check out KHYI. It is based in Howe Texas and their format is americana country. Most of the songs are, or can be played, acoustically. They are worth a listen, if you have a big enough pipe, although they have been having some trouble with their streaming audio. Great mix, well worth your time.

Tony

Top Bottom