From the Queen to Arkansas, Rock and Roll Show!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
This past week my company held its annual share holders meetings. It always brings gob's of people to the local area, the Good Year and Sanyo blimps, and hordes of people from many countries touring the office.

Ever year there is a free concert on Wednesday night. The last few years, we didn't go, not knowing the singers/groups that were performing. This year Martina McBride and Bryan Adams were scheduled to play. There was not a question about going this year. So Mrs. Sawblade, little Sawtooth and myself head down to the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville Wed evening to see the free Rock and Roll show. Martina McBride played first, for a little over a hour. I'm not much into Country music, but that woman can sing. Country music has changed is all I can say. After a short 30 minute tear down/set up session Bryan Adams took the stage. Now we got there early and had pretty good seats just off the corner of the stage. First thing I notice is he is sporting a cast. The first two songs are new songs I didn't know. Guess I'm getting old as I don't pay attention to new music any more. But they were pretty good. After the second song is over Bryan greets the crowd, and explains this is the first show he has played guitar, err bass (I though he played guitar) since breaking his hand three weeks ago, and we may here some mistakes. Now remember this was Wed night, I know it was a few days ago, but I had a great time. Anyway, he tells the crowd he played Monday at the Queens ball in London. It sure is a strange world we live in. I would have never though 19 years ago when I started working for Wal-Mart that I would have the chances to see such a great show for free and only two days after he played for the Queen!

Back to the concert, Bryan Adams played all the hits from the 80's, it was a great trip back in time. Every two or three songs he would take a break, talking to the crowd to give his hand a rest. He even pulled a lady who was from England onto the stage and had her sing a duet with him. Again, I didn't know the song as it is new, but she did a pretty good job. At least you didn't have to put your hands over your ears when she sang!

In all it was a fun night, that I wanted to share with you all. I don't know if Bryan Adams is touring the US this year, but if he is and you enjoy music from the 80's. Go check it out. That's what a Rock and Roll Show should be. Nothing fancy, just 4 guys on stage playing good solid Rock and Roll! :aj:

Last edited:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Sawblade said he "works" for Walmart. I think he's like third or fourth in command. :scream:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
Sawblade said he "works" for Walmart. I think he's like third or fourth in command. :scream:

No, just another poor slob stuck in middle management! :confused:

Top Bottom