Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx

May 12, 2003

Casey Johnson has collapsed lung, compressed vertebrae

Yesterday's Glen Helen 125 National started off like a dream for recently signed Team SoBe Suzuki rider Casey Johnson. Johnson, who was brought on this week to replace injured 125cc-class regulars Branden Jesseman and Danny Smith, got a great start in the first moto and led the first two laps. Unfortunately, it all went bad moments later. Johnson got off hard on the gnarly Glen Helen course and ended up in an ambulance. According to his friend Mike Brandes (7-5 for fifth overall in the 125 class), Johnson will be out for a while. Brandes, who went to see Johnson the hospital after the race, told our friend TFS that Casey has a collapsed lung and compressed vertebrae. He will be out indefinitely.

Johnson had been signed by Roger DeCoster to ride at least the first five rounds of the 2003 AMA/Chevy Trucks U.S. National Motocross Championships.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
That's it....I'm now convinced Roger is cursed. It's just too much bad luck for one man/team.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Someone should keep an eye on Hamblin. At this rate, he'll get hurt before he ever gets to the track!

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Originally posted by Kawidude
Someone should keep an eye on Hamblin. At this rate, he'll get hurt before he ever gets to the track!
I've heard a rumor that he injured his boys at Glenn Helen! You couldn't pay me to ride a factory RM anymore.

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
Is it a jinx, or is it something mechanical with these yellow bikes. I'm not overly superstitious, and there's just way to many incodents with yellow riders for it to be a coincidence. In the last while I've read a couple articles, one on TP's bike test, saying that it had crazy power, and another article on Pichon finding the U.S. factory Suzuki's too powerful. Maybe it's a case of less being more, meaning less motor equals "more" riders healthy enough to finish a dang moto. Honda is always taking heat for their stiff frame being unforgiveing, and causing crashes, I think Suzuki should take a good look at the mechanics of their bikes, and try and tune and/or de-tune them, as to maybe make them a little more foregiving and rider friendly.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
I physically saw this crash (and Hamblin's). It looked a bit like Stewart at Las Vegas last weekend, where he bailed off the bike in mid-air.

Could the bike have seized? Sure, but I can't verify that.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Back in the late 90's ( end of 97 actually) when Tim Ferry was interviewed he commented that he had injured hisself from an ignition that had cut out or some mechanical related issue. And that Roger had still wanted him to ride. As he said as a result of the injury he lost his ride that yr. Even though he had won the Sx title that yr in the east coast. I don't know if Timmy was just saying it out of distaste for being fired from Suzuki or if it was valid. But I'd say if it was true that hes getting the last laugh right now.

Top Bottom