district7pro

Jun 7, 2002
On a '95 Kx 125, was trying to get the clutch pull to feel more like a new 125 and less like a 500. I have sanded the clutch basket out,brand new inner hub, new oem clutch kit including springs and its still stiff as a pole (mabye slightly better). I was told that the realease lever/arm (where the clutch cable hooks on to the engine) is bad. I am hoping this will make it like new again b/c it virtually will be as far as parts.
Any experience or ideas are appreciated.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
If replacing the arm doesn't help then I'd say your last resort is to get a hydraulic clutch kit from Magura or similar companies. I put one on my YZ and it helped tremedously, very very very easy installation (about 30 minutes) and I give it two thumbs up for effectivness and trickness. There's a guy that sells them on ebay for about 160.00

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
You mention something's that you did to smooth out your clutch pull... but did you replace the cable? And you could try and lengthen the clutch lever/arm to increase the leverage.. this will easy the pull. It's not that hard to cut and weld. However exacting measurements are needed.. But I guess that if you added say 1/4" get or take.. to the over all length you'd have a light pull.. Something to think about.. or spend the scratch for a hydraulic actuator.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
If its not the cable then its bearings the clutch arm rides on. I always fitted a small amount of foam under the arm to stop dirt going past the seal-the bearings are not hard to replace but they are small and need the correct tools.

Luft

Dec 24, 2002
Try cleaning and grease the release lever shaft that goes into the cover. Remove the cable and inspect for fee movement. Turn the cable upside down and shoot contact cleaner through your cable luber until it comes out clear. Then shoot you favorite lube through the cable. Take apart the clutch lever from the perch and lube the pin and lever with some light grease and lube the cable end with the same grease before putting it all back together. Adjust for proper freeplay. You can move the perch in towards the triple clamp to get better leverage on the lever.

district7pro

Jun 7, 2002
The clutch cable was the first thing I replaced, so that is fairly new. I have some washers at the end of the cable spacing it out some to give the arm a little more leverage, but it is not sufficient as the gains are barely noticable.
I am going to take apart the release arm, check the bearings and see exactly whats going on. Thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
my friend has the same problem on his 99kx125, new cable, new stock clutch, and its by far the hardest clutch i've ever felt (much harder than my yz400) please let us know what you find out!!

iridesx164

Jun 14, 2002
i have seen this before. Check on that arm and it's position, ive had a 99 and a 2000 next to each other, and on the 99 the arm was really far foward. Thus greatly reducing the leverage. make sure the actuating lever id pependicular to the cable.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
you are correct on the actuating rod being too far forward (not enough leverage)its almost all the way forward ,so when you pull the clutch lever it has no leverage on the arm ,but how do i fix this?do i just replace the actuating arm? it doesn't look bent or damaged i am afrade that if i replace the arm it wil be in the same postion as now and i would have waisted my money what do i do?

Top Bottom