05KX125

Nov 5, 2005
Hey all. Ive had my 05 kx 125 for about 2 months and have only ridden it about three times. It was brand new when i bought it. It always clunks into first even when the clutch is fully disengaged. If she is cold i have to be carefull cause shell jerk and stall right out. Sometimes only after inital start up shell pull ever so slightly in first with the clutch squeezed all the way. after a few minuites she seems to get better, no pulling in first, but the clunk is still there. Other than that she shifts perfectly through all the gears. Does it sound like a simple clutch adjustment, or something more serious? After break in i replaced the tranny oil with the proper two stroke trans oil and the proper amount has been kept in the crankcase. Any ideas? Not much of a wrench but could adjust if someone gave me a rundown. Thanks!!

Gibby

Dec 8, 2004
First let your bike warm up. Your adjustment at the perch should have somewhere around 5mm slack. Roughly the thickness of a nickel.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
That sounds normal for that bike while warming the bike up next time trying pulling in and out the clutch a few times or so and see if it doesn't help warm them up and see if that helps any. I know some of the noise from that motor is the primary gears spinning. Compared to my '06 YZ 125 there is more noticable running engine noise nothing out of the norm though.

I don't want to scare ya with my horror story I had with my '04 KX 125 but it was way more of a freak accident type of deal. I had the input shaft bearing exsplode on me.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom