jc220

Nov 7, 2001
we are planning a trip to colorado around memorial day. wondering if anyone can give me any info on good spots to trail ride. looking for a variety of riding from single track to open fast trails to big hills. any info would be appreciated.

jc220

Nov 7, 2001
around denver or colorado springs. saw something about taylor park resort, said it had 100 miles of single track. do you know anything about that?

Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
Rampart / Woodland Park will probably be your best bet at that time of the year. Both very close to Denver and CO Springs. The Mountains will not be melted enough for you to ride that weekend. Usually can't get up to higher elevations (10 - 13K) until late June or early July.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
You can ride all the way from my back yard (Divide/Woodland Park trail system) to the Sprucewood Inn Bar and Grill (Rampart Range trail system). Awesome single track for sure and all levels of riding can be found there! If you want extremely challenging trails, then Taylor Park is definitely where to ride. It's about a three hour drive from here over Cottonwood Pass. It hurts me every time I go there, but you can't beat the scenery if you make it over some of those high mountain passes. Make sure your bikes are jetted for those altitudes if you ride 2-strokes or you'll be hating it.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Ya know now that I think about it, Dougie is right about the higher elevations of Taylor Park being impassable until Independance Day usually. I forgot to look at what time of year ya'll were thinking about heading out here. However, the Divide/Woodland Park and Rampart Range trail systems have hundreds of acres of awesome trails. You won't be dissapointed for sure!

jc220

Nov 7, 2001
do you need to do much to the jetting on a 4 stroke? i ride a kdx220 but some of the other guys going ride 4 strokes. also, do you think it would be worth waiting until later in the summer to go?

colorado-high

Jul 4, 2000
Taylor Park does not usually open untill the middle of July. If you want the best of riding I would wait untill Aug. for your trip.That way alot more areas are open for you to ride.If you need a trail guide for Taylor Park let me know.

jc220

Nov 7, 2001
thanks for the offer. i wish we could wait till later but a couple of the guys going won't be able to if we wait until late summer. does anyone know where i can get some info on the riding in woodland park area. a web site would be nice.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Co

If you are in the Springs area in the middle of a work day...go to Capt Jacks look for the "upper" section everyone in the Springs knows where it is...or you can look for 7 falls (on the web or while you are there) and the trail is just above it...killer single track....just watch all the Mtn bikers.Why should they have all the fun? it runs from 7-10 in elevation but the KDX will do good, just take a couple of plugs cuz you might run alittle rich at the top....did I mention Technical ?:p

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Make sure your bikes are jetted for those altitudes if you ride 2-strokes or you'll be hating it
Even with it jetted close to correctly I was amazed at the power loss. I had a tough time getting the front wheel off the ground at 8-10K feet (Divide area).

jc220

Nov 7, 2001
i appreciate all the help. the only other thing i need to know is what permits will we have to buy and how much?

colorado-high

Jul 4, 2000
You will not need any permits as long as you have something from Kentucky.Out here we need a sticker from the Colorado State Park.Is there something similar in Ky? If you do not have any thing you can get a pass from any dealer here for $15.25. Or you can blow it off and if you get cought it is a $45 fine. Or you could plead stupidity about our laws and they will slap you on the wrist and let you go.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
jc220, click on our website as we have pictures of the last 3 years of Colorado riding. The Good Guys

If you can spare a day or two in Missouri, the local guys can take you to a couple of good riding areas like Chadwick.

W.P.EXC

Nov 30, 2000
Guide?

If you need a guide around Woodland Park let me know, it's very easy to get lost (though you'll eventually make it out) with the maps they have out there. I won't charge that much. :cool:

W.P.EXC

Nov 30, 2000
Hello back! Where do you live? I live right here in town. Maybe I'll see you on the trail sometime, I ride 717 at least once a week in the summer. Not much going on now except the occasional trip to Pueblo to keep the rust off. :)

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Heehee. We probably live right next door. We're in the blue house on Teller in town, ride 717 at LEAST once a week in the summertime, and head to Pueblo for the winter fix. Headed there this weekend; CSL rides a yellow Suz DRZ400 and I ride a blue GG P250. I'll keep an eye out for a KTM 300 and say hello next time! BTW- If you see me on 717 this summer looking confused, please tell me how to get home because I'm usually very lost!

Top Bottom