Mar 1, 2005
the seal is leaking and i ordered a new one along with the collar and o-ring as i have read on here that the seal will eventually wear out the collar.my ? is i know its not the best thing to do,but as long as i watch my oil level would it be ok to get one more weekend in befor i change it out?reason being is it doesnt look like my parts will be in until next week.the one thing i dont get is that it wasnt leaking until i changed my sprocket a while back and as of last week i noticed oil on the frame and traced it to the cs seal.i do remember my father pulling the spacer out and after i told him what it was for he just put it back in place.could removing the spacer and reinstalling it mess up the seal?i know he didnt clean the collar or anything just took it out and put it back.i rode a few hrs last weekend befor i noticed the leak and other than it making a mess my oil level hasnt changed.also if you overfill the tranny can it cause some oil to seep past the seal?any info appreciated :ride:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I've ridden a slight leak there before. Had no problems. Just don't let your oil get too low. Check your oil level. I've had them leak when I had too much oil in the case. When I bled the excess oil out the oil level check screw, no more leaks.

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
you can use some sillicone or ge sealer untill you get the new ones,let it dry and go
just dont get any in the berring

Top Bottom