05LS2GTO

Mar 28, 2007
I just bought 2 98 CR125's that need a little bit of work. I just changed the clutch plates on one of them and I dont know what kind of oil to put back in there. I aint worried about which brand of oil just what type of oil.
On the other bike the kickstart didnt go down and I couldnt even push start it the wheel would just lock up. I took off the clutch cover and started taking the clutch out to see if I would notice anything wrong. after I got the clutch plates out I noticed that the kickstart moved freely now. After noticing that I decided to just put it back together. I got it put back together now and the kickstart seems to move pretty normal now. Anybody know what this couldve been? Do you think it will come back after a few good kicks when I get oil back in this one? Sorry im a noob with 2 strokes :bang: I new I should have stayed with Yamaha :nener: I also posted this in another section because I need some help ASAP so I can ride for a little bit today

05LS2GTO

Mar 28, 2007
nope dont really no much about this stuff just looked inside there to see if there was anything visibly wrong. Didnt see anything that looked out of place or anything like that. Can you answer my oil question to so I have at least one running.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Transfluid,I would use honda oils,motor oil is different,not intended for wet clutch,some guys have tried hydraulic fluid,not enough protection for the trans.We use a product from phillips-chevron that is the best fluid yet.

magneto

Nov 14, 2001
At this point the best thing you can buy is a manual. It will save you money in the long run. A Clymer manual will be cheaper than an OEM manual.

Zipp0

Registered
Mar 5, 2007
Do not put 2 stroke oil in your transmissikon!!! My CR80 uses standard motor oil for the gearbox. I thin it's just standard 10W-40, but I would have to check to be sure. Get a shop manual and do it right.

05LS2GTO

Mar 28, 2007
I just got a manual off of **** for $10. It should be here buy the beginning of the week. So is there gonna be any problems running the 80-90 gear oil for the clutch?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I use Advance Autoparts store brand 10w30. (Made by the folks that make Valvoline)

Works just fine for the kind of riding I do.

Top Bottom