MrYZ

Feb 2, 2001
TODAY ME AND MY BUDDY WERE OUT RIDING AT THE LOCAL TRACK AND MY BUDDY HIT A JUMP ON HIS 92 CR250 AND LANDED IT WRONG AND BROKE THE SUB FRAME
(CRACKED IT IN HALF) WHATS UP WITH HONDAS ALUMINUM SUBFRAMES IS THIS COMON FOR THEM TO BREAK OR WAS IT JUST THAT HIS BIKE HAS BEEN JUMPED SO MANY TIMES THAT THE SUB FRAME JUST STRESSED AND FINALY GAVE WAY OR WAS IT THAT THE SUSPENSION WAS NOT SET UP RIGHT TO ABSORB THE IMPACT OF THE LANDING?

PS ANY ONE KNOW WARE HE CAN FIND A USED ONE FOR SALE?
NOT CRACKED LOL LOL :p

Last edited:

Reeko

Aug 9, 1999
1) Quit with the all Caps it is annoying.
2)Hmm 92 bike that has been jumped a lot, lands a jump wrong, sub frame brakes. Yah, it sounds like it has been ridden hard.

Friend of mine recently broke a steel subframe on his 98KX250.
Its not the bikes fault.
Did he Case the jump? Land short on the face of a double?
For the subframe to break, I think his butt would have to contact the seat on the landing, was he not standing?

MrYZ

Feb 2, 2001

Sorry about the caps (force of habbit)

Yes I think that when he landed he may have went back on the seat after he landed it he accidently down shifted into 2nd and rolled the throtle back causing the bike to wheele and flip over back wards crushing the rear finder and causing him to land on his tail which broke his tail bone. ( lack of experiance in jumping)

BrentBlain

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
ya if the sub frame hit the ground then it can break. They are not made to hit the ground like that. I wouldn't blame it on honda i think if you take any bike and crash it hard something is going to break, better the sub frame then the main frame. As for finding another one maybe look in some motorcycle junkyards.

-Brent

Top Bottom