bwc352

Apr 12, 2002
A couple of weeks ago I crunched my right side radiator in a Hare Scramble. It's still functional, but I'm thinking about either buying another one from a salvage place or having it repaired. I've heard that the radiator repair places do good work, but I'd have to wait until the end of the season to send it out. So, I'm contemplating a purchase of a salvaged one. My bike is a 2001 KDX 200. What years would be compatible with my 2001? Also, a new one from the dealer apparently costs about $218. What would be a good price for a salvage yard one?

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Do you think that the damage would have been less or none if you had radiator braces installed? :think:

I am trying to decide if the Works Connection aluminum braces are worth it ($50 from RockyMountain).

KDXTrreme

Oct 31, 2001
$218 from the dealer?? That's actually a decent price for a NEW one. If you think the old one is repairable then you can get a refurb from Fredette Racing for $100. You send him your old one and he sends you a refurbished one. It's a killer deal! I've got a busted radiator that was left over from the previous owner, it's ugly but it still works. I plan on getting a refurb within the next few weeks. 1 entire row of fins is smashed and half of another. The bike still stays cool enough exept for on the hottest of days.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
You can use a rad from a 1995 to 2003 KDX200 or 220. Some of the older years will be painted black but they are the same rad.

David

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I bought the rad braces. I seen the price of the rads for my bike and realized the braces would be a good idea. So i put them on and they fit nice and look great!!I actually bought the ski plate,caliper guard and frame guards too. It all looks great???

bwc352

Apr 12, 2002
I'm uncertain if a guard would have prevented the damage, but I suspect that the answer is no. I had a guard on the expansion chamber and the same wreck crushed the expansion chamber, guard and all. However, I suspect less horrific crashes would benefit from the guard, so I ordered a Devol guard. Unfortunately, Chapparel sent me the wrong model.

lpracing77

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
I have a 1997 through 2001 micro fiche and checked the radiator part number. That radiator fit all those years for the 200 and the 220. Part number 39061-1240 and Kawasaki's suggested list is $218.89. I have a set of the Works Connection guards on order now.

Top Bottom