firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
:uh:

That is all I have to say.

Wait, no it's not.

:moon:

I freaking HATE this game. What a pile of crap.

They SAY they want an independent woman, then when they meet one, suddenly they want someone who "needs them" and makes them "feel like a man!"
They SAY they want an intelligent woman but then they want you to be quietly decorative all the time.
They SAY they want someone who shares their interests, just not in front of their friends or family or anyone else who would make them feel embarrassed.
They SAY they will call but they don't!
They SAY they really like you but then can't remember your birthday.
They SAY they don't like "drama" but then go out of their way to cause it.

WTF is the answer here? I don't think I'm cut out to be a nun, and women don't do a thing for me. I sure as hell don't want to be sitting at home by myself on weekends either.

Now I know there are plenty of exceptions, and you're all going to say "But I wouldn't do that!" My answer to that: Some of them all of the time, and all of them some of the time.

Sorry, just ranting. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. Women do crappy things to men, just like they do to us.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Sharla,
Save yourself some time on the next one...see how well lubed and adjusted his chain is! That will tell you lots right off! :)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by taraker
Go check out Rob Beckers "Defending the Cave Man." It will all make since then, seriously

Saw it a few years ago with the wife. Hilarious and spot on. I still use his philosophy sometimes to explain/justify things to my cave woman. ;)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Deja vu? :scream:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by XRpredator
Now, don't shoot the messenger, but maybe you need a woman . . . :eek:

Werd dog. Just another option me thinks.... :p

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Just a thought.

I would check your jetting if I were you it looks like you're are a little rich on the hormones. :p

Find friends first. The other stuff comes later. it's important to find someone that appreciates your sense of humor or lack thereof, moral grounding etc. There's someone for everyone but in the worst case things can always be worked out.

Check the chain is good advice. :)

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Originally posted by firecracker22
:uh:
They SAY they want an independent woman, then when they meet one, suddenly they want someone who "needs them" and makes them "feel like a man!"

Yeeup, I got that line from my ex....classic, truely classic. I admit I am rather dis-enchanted with the whole dating thing right now and after reading some of the opinions in the "Somthing to Chew on Thread" I think you might be ranting at the wrong crowd Sharla. While we are making progress, it looks like some of the guys still aren't quite comfortable with the independent, intelligent, and outspoken females.
Oh well...off to the store to stock up on batteries!! :p

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Guys don't listen well, either.

Originally posted by firecracker22
women don't do a thing for me.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
The whole dating thing and women in general remain a huge mystery to me.

They say, "I don't mind if you go ride or (insert activity of choice here)"
Then it is "we never spend any time together...."

Subtle hint? I don't think so...

They say, "I am low maintenance"
Then is it "What have you done for me lately?"

Man I could go on forever about the double talk. It is bewildering. After 12 years marriage (divorced now - evidently I still don't know jack ) All I can say that the female of the species still has me perplexed. Sharla, it is a double-edged sword, lol. Us men are just as confused as you are!

I say “Screw dating and relationships”. I think I'll find me a nice hooker for fun and just work on my relationship with my bike. Now HER I can understand! Tongue placed firmly in cheek…

-jeffd

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Maybe these guys do mean it when they first start dating you, but once they get to know you their feelings change. Maybe they like the independence you exude at first, when things are casual, but once they start to like you more they want to keep you closer, in a good way.

I think every man wants a woman who makes him feel good. Some want to be made to feel like superman, others want to be made to feel like a school boy getting sp@nked (so I've heard).

Maybe you do embarrass some of them. Maybe your're overbearing in conversations. Maybe you're like my friend's wife who knows everything about everything. Perhaps it's something they'd get used to over time, and until then you can oblige by shutting up a bit more. I've heard that huffing can help with that. Or maybe they'll always be insecure to some degree.

You said yourself "Some of them all the time, all of them some of the time". So, which is it going to be? You adjust your standards a smidge & try your luck at coping better, or start adopting cats? I'd venture that with some hard work in gaining patience (trust me, that's one of the hardest things to gain) you can find happiness with us or at least some sort of happy meduim.

Granted, I can only compare dating to my own long-term relationship, so take what I say with a pound of salt. And I know you were just venting, and I don't think I even need to mention that you may be a tad more intelligent than me, so these things have crossed your mind already. Ask Milk what crossed my mind on the way to work. It ain't calculus.

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by bratt

Oh well...off to the store to stock up on batteries!! :p

Double A or D? :p

Originally posted by fishhead

Find friends first. The other stuff comes later.

This couldnt be better advice, plus it means you wont be sitting home by yourself on weekends.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
p.s.- I've seen you in person and I'm pretty sure any of my friends can take you, little . :moon: And please don't confront me at DW. I'll wet myself.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by zio
Ask Milk what crossed my mind on the way to work. It ain't calculus.

Holy crap dude. Im still trying to figure out half of that PM, and still trying to figure out which Id choose. *thinks* :cool:

I havent forgotten you though, and I will answer. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
man zio, you say a lot more with more words than I can say with a few . . .

(what the . . .):confused:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
And the jist of what I was thinking on the way to work was would I rather be a human trapped in a pig's body, or James Garner. And there were some farm-animal ual implications involved, but that's a bit personal.

I swear, I can't help it. I don't know how I do it. But is it just me, or do the rest of you think I go off-topic a bit much? Am I like Skippy on Family Ties?

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Trust me on this. Don't start adopting cats. You will never have a meaningful relationship if cats are involved. ;)

Here's the options I see.
isolation
marriage
run the ranch ( date a lot, keep the best and cull the rest)
Get on with lifegoals and look for friends with parallel paths.

The only thing guaranteed is; failure if you quit. My riding buddy found wedded bliss after 20 years of singleness, so, it can be done. He says she was worth the wait.

If you're going to be at the Dez 100 look us up we'll buy you a sody or a brewski. No SNAGs here (Sensitve New Age Guys). :)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Neil Wig
Question is, who's cheek?????

Lol! Get your mind out of the gutter! :uh:

-jeffd

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I dunno, Sharla. I like dating. It's expensive, but I really enjoy going home alone afterward.

Have you explored the homersexuality option? I mean, have you ever been in a hot tub alone with a woman? If I found myself alone in a hot tub with a woman, I'd cave and become a lesbian. It's just a thought, but maybe you should consider all the opportunities available to you.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
I dunno, Sharla. I like dating. It's expensive, but I really enjoy going home alone afterward.

Have you explored the homersexuality option? I mean, have you ever been in a hot tub alone with a woman? If I found myself alone in a hot tub with a woman, I'd cave and become a lesbian. It's just a thought, but maybe you should consider all the opportunities available to you.
LOL, nut case. JP, I think that if you found yourself alone with in a hot tub with just yourself you'd become a homo.

Top Bottom