Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Wow, I go away for a couple of days and Vintage is PWI'ing, Sarge is sensitive and FC is playing the blues like Bridget Jones....I do like the "elimidate" idea. She's out hitting the doubles while three dorks stand by the table top commenting on what a taught well oiled chain she has LOL! :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
FC - Thump is correct.

I also agree that all you can do is be yourself. I am not a good example either, but have learned a bit from the many face plants I have endured.

I think it gets easier when you give up caring if you ever find someone else. It is kinda like that is when the vibes get aligned and the right person comes along.

BTW - Caveman is spot on, as is Tracy's new song.

Tony

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Wow, I thought I was the only one who thought relationships suck! Why is it so difficult to find someone? My personal favorite is the C-word. Yep you mention commitment and they're gone before you can turn around.

Then when you finally get over it, and are ready to move on, they want to come back but just keep things like they were before. OK, what am I missing here, you mean keep things the way they've been for the past four and a half years? Oh yeah that makes sense to me, NOT!!

My personal favorite: "I wish I was going to the race with you instead of you going with your friends. I worry about you when you're gone racing without me. I like to ride on the row with you and help pace you and keep time for you. Then I can drive you home afterward when you're tired."

My reply- Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize that. I mean in the last two years, out of 18 races, you've only ridden with me twice. And then I drove us home because YOU were tired. See you when I get back!

Ok, I didn't mean to rant and rave, or sound like a smart ass, just venting a little frustration. I guess that sums it up for me. I participate in a male dominated sport and still can't find a man. GO FIGURE! :think:

Last edited:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Now for the Polish point of veiw...... :eek:
Get a dog.
Yea. Really.
A lovable little canine will help you forget all this "dating" nonsense.
Plus youll have a good friend and companion for life. :)
Well it might not cure things but it will help.
My little schipperke , "Shadowbear", sure helped me feel better after the first big "D".
The only problem was his sleeping by my feet.
He had this real bad hair trigger reaction of attacking anything that would touch him whilst he was sleeping, so when i would wiggle my toes in my sleep......... :scream: :scream: :scream:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by CNM
I participate in a male dominated sport and still can't find a man. GO FIGURE!

I hear ya!!! For all the whining men do about "Oh, I wish I could find a woman who rides!" When they do, they act just the same as they do around women who don't. It doesn't matter if you ride or not, they still won't call.

Originally posted by OnAnySunday
Get a dog.

I love this idea. This is the best idea ever. I wish I could. But I move around too much in my search for the non-existent Perfect Job, and it's very difficult to do that with a dog. Many--or most--apartments don't take dogs, and it is a fairly big time committment to take care of one.

Someday though. I miss my dog I had to leave behind. :(

Last edited:

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
I've got a contract on my house and am keeping my fingers crossed that nothing falls through. It's been for sale almost a year! I hope the next house has a fenced back yard and I can get me, I mean Cody a dog.

Female, yellow lab, HOUSE TRAINED!!

Yeah, I'll get Cody a dog! ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by CNM
. . . Female, yellow lab, HOUSE TRAINED!!
we gots one of those. Think: Small horse. :|

how did I ever let anyone talk me into that? Oh yeah, she's my little woman. :confused:

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Dogs? Yeh, Small horse but with a horse the manure is good for something. We got a Golden Retriever which is a perfect mellow family dog. Still got that manure problem though. Of course dogs are always happy to see you which is not a sure thing with a mate.

FC, Perfect Job? There aren't any. Perfect Mate? guess again. I've never been a perfect boss, a perfect employee, a perfect mate or perfect anything. No, I take that back, I've been told I'm a perfect a$$ among some other things and I'm useful for some other things. I'm happy if they don't shoot me on sight, but I'll settle for a near miss. Don't tolerate abuse, but don't expect perfection.

Happily my wife doesn't have as high of standards as I do. :)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22

But I move around too much in my search for the non-existent Perfect Job

There may be a pattern here.  Some people are always looking over that fence at what appears to be greener grass.  I have no way of knowing if you do the same thing in relationships, but from the above statement, you should at least consider that.

On the flip side, you are what, 23?  You're young, don't be in a hurry to settle down.  Go ahead and make the most of your wanderlust. :thumb:

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Well, I get to find out what it's like again, 3 weeks ago my wife of almost 10yrs tells me she what's a divorce? huh.....wha..... well I don't but if that's what you want...well...OK. So, now out of touch for awhile here I go again into the wonderful world of head games, being a straight forward person, no B.S. and I haven't run into to many people with the same approach to life. Anyway, I'm off to the circus to try out my best Clockwork Orange impression "Hello lovelies, do you want to knock about abit?"

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
FC_22
If you want to have fun, BE FUN.
If you want to have a good time, BE A GOOD TIME.
Is it fun to do anything when you feel obligated?
Riding a bike is something you do; it's not who you are.
I think you are a beautiful, intellegent, talented woman.
Be happy with your life and Happiness will find its way to you...

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Denise, you're so smart. :)

Racing season begins this weekend, and I plan on being on my bike every second I can including practice during the week after work. That should take my mind off things . . .

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I'm with Sharla, dating sucks! I've found it's best to use em and then throw em on the scrap pile with the rest I've destroyed. :debil:

I hear all that everyone has said on this board and understand, even agree with most of it. Pretty much common knowlege the advice on here. The bad part is I don't make time for the games that come with the dating ritual. I hope to one day find my soul mate but I'll be okay til I do. It would be nice if everyone knew what they want and expect in a relationship but it seldom works out that way, too many moods in the way.

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Wanted more than one... til I found the one I wanted. I was 31 before I got married. It took me that long to figure out who I was and to decide that I was ready to be a good partner. 23??? Man I remember 23.... my best freshman year I think. My suggestion to you is to dig in... do things that make you feel good about yourself and ignore everything else. As you are pinballing around the right *friend* will just show up.

Then again... I am an idiot. My wife tells me so....

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Originally posted by firecracker22
That should take my mind off things . . .

Sounds like a great idea :flame:
I know when I have too much of my attention on myself, things start go straight to the :uh: .
I start to put my attention on something fun and low and behold, I'm having a good time again :yeehaw: .
I'm really learning that I am not a victim and I have to be responsible for my own fun.

Anyways...What class are you racing in??
You're going to be great. You rode really well in Reno.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks . . . I'll be racing women's class in MX and lightweight (200cc and under) in offroad stuff this year. I might try to make the Idaho City ISDE qualifier, and I am doing the 6-round spring MX series here in Spokane, and maybe a few other hare scrambles here and there. Depends on what I have the $$ for.

On the bright side--I went out on a date last night and had a great time!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Sounds to be me like that Pacific North west thing. Take a bike ride some where they have real sun shine. Little advice. Think older fat men? We let anyone push us around, and still will shine your riding boots! And we don't get embarassed because we're so embarassing our self and are used to it. I like the dog Idea. Get a little one there easy to take care of. like a mid size terrier. best of luck carla.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Snowmobiles
:think:

Haven't we been down this road, try and find someone that has a pocket protector and thick army issue glasses ;) Garunteed he would be at your service!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
No Idaho City qualifier! :scream: That sucks. Who can confirm?

The new snowmobile guy is MUCH nicer than the old. And, he drove 2+ hours to watch me race--the other one wouldn't even come. But we've only been out a couple of times. We shall see.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Would you like for me to clone a 'Rich' for ya? :confused: You couldn't get more perfect than that. ;)

Top Bottom