Defending the 2-strokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
Nobody gave a crap about it back in the 70's so how can they now? Our future generations have just as much right to enjoy them as us. I just don't think its possible for it to happen but we'll have to face it some time.:(

FlyinHawaiin

Nov 15, 2003
I dont think getting rid of 2-strokes will be happening anytime soon, not until they have enough technology to make 4-strokes better in every way and even though they have come a long way, Making it the ultimate animal just isnt going to be easy. Going to take alot of time and alot of patience.

NickMXr

Jan 9, 2003
I dont see how they could just completely get rid of two strokes. I like how the power of the two stroke's power is right there. I have rode four strokes before and they are a little too sluggish for comfort. I know this is just an opinion but i figured i would help the cause.

Feb 20, 2004
WELL i am AGAINST THE BAN OF 2 strokes... for less money i can make a 2 stroke way more powerfull then a thumper and 200+ dollars for a muffler and pipe. when a two stroke can cost 90 dollars for a fmf shorty. EVERY THING IS CHEAPER FOR A 2 Stroke my 1982 IT 175 can beat the pants of an 86 xr 250 with over bore double carbs and muffler. MY IT IS bone stock. U CAN BEAT MY NEXT BIKE IS GONNA BE A YZ 250

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
XRpredator said:
hi, 2 strokes suck.

Well no kidding, they have to suck air into the engine to run, (much like a 4 stroke), and they also blow (much like a 4 stroke) :joke:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
they do suck and blow twice as much, hence making more power :thumb: :laugh:

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
My two stroke can beat your four stoke any day of the week!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
:laugh:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
see, 2 strokes suck so bad they won't even let you sell 'em.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
XRpredator said:

Dang!! :laugh:

Feb 20, 2004
hey xr predator i will bet u that ur PANSY LIL XR WOULD GET WHOPED AROUND THE TRACK BY A YZ 250 or 125 and a 85 so i wouldn't be talkin smack unless u can back that up

moto2121

Mar 2, 2004
man I have riddin 2 strokes all my life, I love there power,smell,sound and most of all they are cheap to hop up and repair.

a friend of mine just had his o2 yzf250 bend a couple valves for no reason at all, other then the fact that they are not built to last. he has a 1600.00 parts bill just for the topend parts that were trashed in the ordeal. he still has to pay someone to fix the darn thing because i refuse to help.

I have heard of many people having the same crap happen to there thumpers, its all about money

anyway i just got a killer deal on my 04 cr250, ya wanna know why because the thumpers are killing sales and they have to give them away, I for one will buy 2 strokes for aslong as they make them, then i will buy the newest one i can find and keep it till them f@#$%^ epa bastages pry it out of my dead hands

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
XRpredator said:
When 2-strokes are outlawed, only outlaws will have 2-strokes! :ohmy:
The 2-stroke black market :thumb: Hey kid, take a ride on this 2-stroke. I know, I know there illegal, but just try it one time, it ain't gonna hurt ya. That 4-stroke you got just ain't gonna do it for ya once you ride this bike. Don't worry, I'll always be around to give your 2-stroke fix whenever you need it. :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
moto2121 said:
a friend of mine just had his o2 yzf250 bend a couple valves for no reason at all,

LOL :eek: No reason at all huh? :cool:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
what? you don't believe him? They just up and twisted! :think: Maybe Uri Geller was in the vacinity. . .

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Papakeith said:
what? you don't believe him? They just up and twisted! :think: Maybe Uri Geller was in the vacinity. . .

Maybe aliens abducted his valve's Young's modulus. :ohmy:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Papakeith said:
They just up and twisted!

Because someone played some Chubby Checker music maybe ??. :yeehaw:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Coulda been. More likely is the little bald-headed kid from The Matrix effed with it

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
If you go ask your local race track promoter what his common complaints are I am willing to bet the answer you get back is noise. I have never heard of one single track owner getting "smell" complaints.

I think 2 stroke 250's will continue to be made for MX racing being closed course competition only. I really don't know what will happen with 125's but I suspect they will be dropped from the OEM's lineup well before the 250's will. Everybody racing 125's is grabbing for the F models now.
RCannon mentioned early in the thread that noise will be attacked next. It will be. They just backed us all into a corner we'll never get out of now. Once they succeed in eliminating 2 strokes, they will go after the noise factor. Anybody with an ounce of brain knows the 4 strokes are way LOUD and they will be the targets of many attacks nationwide before you know it. The result will be that we probably will have severely restricted 4 stroke sound emmisions in the future, which will kill power levels and with the 2 stroke gone we all will be riding bikes that will never satisfy the power rush we enjoy now. Private tracks are deep deep trouble in my opinion. I know of several guys now that can't let 4 strokes on their tracks because the complaint meter gets pegged down at city hall when they do.

I don't have a lot of experience with 4 stroke engines but I don't see anything bad with the maintenance work other then the extra time involved. I have only done the cam timing on a 250F once, and while it was frustrating in the first attempt once you get the procedure down it's not bad at all. I'm not against 4 strokes but I can see the problems they are going to cause too. I'm very surprised that people have embraced them as much as they have. Thinking back to when I was a kid, the only thing people ever bitched about was the noise and these 4 strokes are trumping that up even more. I just don't see the good in it to be honest. The 450's in the 250 class are just as unfair as the 250's are in the 125 class in my opinion. I've ridden a few and the power advantages are definitely there.

Black Mamba

Apr 30, 2004
2-Stroke production still stopping in 2006?

Last time I checked up on the status of 2-stroke production 2005 was said to be the last year and was wondering if thats still the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom