dirtweek attendees bios

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
how about everyone attending posting a mini-biography so we'll know a little more about each other before we get there? particularly the ones that don't post often. we could each print it off for reference. the members list is kind of a hassle to go through.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
I'm a middle-aged teenager. That is, I want to do the things a teenager does but I feel old. I work in the Fire Alarm industry, married with no kids:( . I live and breath dirtbikes. I've raced 5 H/S and hope to do a MX and enduro soon. :)

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
37 going on 17! I've been into dirtbikes for 23 years. Married with one child. I've worked for the same retail company for 18 years. Huge Bob Hannah fan. Love MX, and really any thing to do with dirtbikes. Haven't raced in 10 years due to a bad crash that scared me silly. Even though the mind is willing, racing hasn't worked out this year like I planned. MX547 keeps asking when I'm going to show up and give the over 30 class a try. Guess I need to quit talking, and surprise him by showing up! That's my bio, and I'm sticking to it. O yea, GO CHIEFS!

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
I'm 23 years old. Going to college for Construction Engineering. I am a Structural Steel and Reinforced Concrete designer at Apex Engineering. I am married with no kids.:) We just built our house(that I designed, contracted, and built.):scream:

I have been riding since I was 4. My first YZinger 50 had training wheels.:o If harescrambles weren't on Sundays, I would pursue racing harescrambles. Not much on motocross.

I'm into muscle cars about as much as dirtbikes. I have a 1969 Camaro that my father and I built. Have won a few shows with it.

I'm pretty active. I lift weights, ride mountain bikes occasionally, and always stay busy around the house.

oldguy

Always Broken
47 married (wife and son -thekid coming along). Get to ride very little between keeping thekid racing and trying to stand upright without aches. I raced way back when I was 13 and 14 but had a compression fracture to 2 verts in lower back and didn't even sit on a dirtbike again til thekid started riding.
Thekid- 13 years and single:cool: . Races at least once a week and is a strong upper 3rd of the pack rider. Goes by nickname 'SPIDER' since he can climb just about anything from trees to walls.
My wife Trudy- ageless and I think still married. Just rode a bike for the first time ever this summer and has almost 4 hrs riding experiance to date:silly: . Addicted to taking thekid to races and hopefully she will race the womens MX at DW:scream:
All our bikes will be sporting #35 (mine is the old POS bike):think

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
35 year old with a wife and two sons, 8 and 10. I ride enduros. I have ridden cross countries and plan on doing a mx soon. I've ridden since I was 9, starting with cow trails. I ride 2-3 times a month.
My wife rides and both of my sons race mini enduros.
I'm an assistant high school principal.

36... Married 11 years, No kids. Have been riding dirtbikes for just 2 years now. Previous to that had never swung my leg over anything that did not require asphalt.

Been in the computer industry for over 10 years. Currently work in IT Consulting.

Raced my first race just this summer... 250C, District 15... I sucked... but was not last!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there... Last year was a blast... considering...I spent the whole event nursing an extremely painful broken toe. Oh yeah... also this year should not require any last minute visits to TeTown for Nitrogen recharging....:D

RayoVac

singletracker500

Lifetime Sponsor
47 years old. Been married for 21 years and been in Arizona, from Il. for 21 years. One daughter 16.

I ride at least once a week on singletrack trails. My second favorite thing to do is riding with people I've met on the internet!:)

biglou

35 going on 16. Single, no yungins. Been riding for 18 years, er, I mean, months!:o Former Avionics Technician in the Marine Corps & for government contract. Currently a Test Engineer for a contract furniture company (Business and Institutional). Ride and raced mountain bikes(8+ years) and road bikes (3 years, the pedal kind) despite my considerable bulk! Riding the MS150 bike tour this Saturday for the 5th straight year. Bring on the pain!!!
Originally posted by Sawblade:
O yea, GO CHIEFS!
Ditto!
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 33 years old, married 2 kids and one on the way. I started riding when I was 12 and quit when I was 18 (started to have more interest in girls). Just started back up 3 years ago (not chasing girls now, just my wife). I belong to Stoney Lonesome MC club and ride up there about once a week. I race Harescrambles and currently lead the 4 stroke B class in pts. This is my first Dirtweek and can't wait to ride with you guys/gals.
I crashed my bike hard about 3 weeks ago and my shoulder isn't healed up yet. Hopefully by DirtWeek I'll be fine, if not you'll be riding with a guy thats taken alot of pain killers.

Mikeb

Subscriber
39 yrs young ... Ride a KDX (SLOWLY) ...Maried with 2 daughters 15 and 11 .. Which explains the loss of both hair and sanity. Have ridden for too many years to count and race local hare scrambles in the older than dirt class. Member of Memphis Motorcycle club.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Just turned 34. Married with two step children. None of them can quite understand my obsession. But, at least they tolerate it. :)
I'm about as spodely as they come. That doesn't matter! I've got a perma-grin whenever I put on my helmet and go for a ride.
I've never been involved in any form of racing. Strictly trail riding, and gravel pits.
Never been to a track.
Never been off the East Coast.
Never thought I'd want to drive 1000 miles to ride with a bunch of people I've never met.
I plan on erasing a lot of the " NEVERS " in my life in the next couple of weeks!!!!:cool:
:think I think I'll start packing tonight!:D I can't wait!!!!!

chadk01

Sponsoring Member
27 yrs old married (March this year) with 2 kids. My son is 3 1/2 months old and my daughter is 21 months old today....(What was I thinking!!!!!!) Rode dirt bikes up until I was stationed in Japan for 3 years. Got back into it at DirtWeek, formerly know as SpodeFest, last year. I try to ride at least once a week MX, however, I've never been know to turn down a good trail ride. Can't wait for Casey!!!:cool:

smb_racing

Master of None
20 years old, single (and looking :D ) I started riding at age 8, didn't even own a bike until age 18 because my parents said they were dangerous. I mooched from my friends up until I svaed enough cash to by my first bike. I am a full time student, work for a prestigious academic institution as a draftsman. I'm a slow KDX rider, have been practicing a little light MX here lately but my perferred style is trail/enduro.

Lorin

Lifetime Sponsor
I'm 32 and work in the IS dept at UPS. I have a 6 year old son (hope he starts riding soon) and a girlfriend of 4 years that also rides. I ride trails mostly, although I can occassionally be found at the local mx track rolling over the doubles. This is my first full season riding the BJEC enduro series and I am having a blast.