johne4

Feb 11, 2004
Calling all riders. :clue: Does anyone know if drink water or texas canyon. will open now that some rain has come to so- cal.would like to do some riding .Can't always drive an hour.I think someone mentioned that drinkwater was going to open after the first rains. Have not ridden those areas in years and it would make A great change of pace. Any feed back would be much appreciated. thanks

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I know there was a thread started over at ktmtalk.com about getting a group together for some trail clearing and general maintenance in Sept. but, the opening of the area was postponed. Maybe they have some new info. over there. I haven't read anything on it recently.

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
This mornings paper had statement from the rangers for Angeles Natl. forest stating that the forests would re-open today due to the rain, but could close again if warm, dry weather returns. I have no idea if this includes the riding areas and would suggest calling the ranger station there.

johne4

Feb 11, 2004
Thanks ktmboy for the news . Looks like it's going to be A
great weekend for riding. Nothing like a little liquid traction.

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Drinkwater is open

I live very close to Drinkwater / Rowher flats and everything is open now. We rode Drinkwater last weekend and it was great; alot of hillclimbs and technical stuff. I would recommend it, hit the deer trail off of Del Sur road when you get to the top.

johne4

Feb 11, 2004
Out there a week or so ago and a very pleasant ride. met afew riders from tt out there. Its nice to go riding close too home . Gorman is fun but gets somewhat crowded on weekends. Anyone headed out to dwf or rohwer this weekend ?

broomy111

Mar 16, 2005
johne4 said:
Calling all riders. :clue: Does anyone know if drink water or texas canyon. will open now that some rain has come to so- cal.would like to do some riding .Can't always drive an hour.I think someone mentioned that drinkwater was going to open after the first rains. Have not ridden those areas in years and it would make A great change of pace. Any feed back would be much appreciated. thanks
I talked with a Ranger at Rowher Flats and they told me that there was private land back in the Texas Canyon area now and thats why they won't open it back up. The rangers are kind of clueless around there so take that for what it's worth. I rode Drinkwater right before the last big rain and it was still pretty nice back there. It may be a little beat up after that last big rain storm though.

Top Bottom