Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Some of y'all might remember the thread I started when I was laid up with my busted foot after DW'02 about the DRN Dream Shop.

Here is the thread for those that want to refresh their memories. >>CLICK<<

I have a generic version that I have completed (finally) and want to see if anyone is interested in seeing it. MX-727 is going to be building it this spring/summer (hopefully), so there will be some good input soon on things to consider changing.

It is based upon a 40x60 metal building frame. I will not go into the details now as it is a schematic design set of plans and can really be modified easily to fit local conditions.

I would love to get some copies out there and see what people think of it and get some input about what should be looked at.

Self Edit - BTW, I am going to be selfish with the finished product. If you are an STM or contributed to the design you can have it for free. It will not be a full set of construction drawings, but it will have enough information that you can take it to a metal building supplier and he can quote you a price on the shell. I will include details as appropriate.

Last edited:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
The building is a great design and Tony has put a lot of work into it. He even made me a second set of plans with some modifications I needed. :thumb:

He did such a great job on this project that is designing our house also.

Thanks Tony. :thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
MX-727 said:
The building is a great design and Tony has put a lot of work into it. He even made me a second set of plans with some modifications I needed. :thumb:

He did such a great job on this project that is designing our house also.

Thanks Tony. :thumb:

Speaking of house, the first pass at the first floor is done. Second floor should be done by mid-week. I'll shoot it to you. :thumb:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'll take a gander at it. I'm in the process of trying to figure out how best to utilize my garage and barn for mechanic/woodworking space. Might be good to bounce ideas back and forth.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
If you dont mind Tony, can you email me a copy? I love seeing any type of blue print. Must be why i went to school for architecture. :) I have a section in the barn i've been slowly enclosing for the bikes. I have about 18'x36' to work with.

totlxtc@csonline.net

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Tony can you come up with a plan so I can get 4 bikes, a lathe, workbench, compressor, wash tank, spring tester, press, workout equipment and 4000 cubic feet of stuff that needs to stored, in to a 10x20 garage with a side access door and a water heater in the corner?

TIA,
Kiwi

PS I'd love to see your plans so I can dream of all that land you peeps have traded for the crappy weather you live in - except Texas which just sucks, regardless of the weather (except for where you live Tony - I'm sure it's nice there).

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'm doing some final tweeking on the equipment plan. I'll print them and send them out next weekend.

I an send jpeg files as well. They are not too large, but they don't print nearly as well as what I can do on my printer.

Kiwi - Regarding your 2 car garage ... dozers can be rented for about $150 per day not counting pickup and delivery.
I'll bring a set to Reno for you.
Regarding Texas ... it may get hot here, but we don't have whacko ecofreaks and our plants don't burst into flames by spontanious combustion. :laugh:

Top Bottom