trailhouse

Feb 8, 2003
Matt,
The trails are marked very well. I do not think that you will have any trouble. But a lot of people like a guide just until they get comfortable with the trail.

NRB,
If you are planning on coming to ride also, I strongly suggest that you make reservations. If you do not, you are going to have trouble finding a place. If you have trouble, let me know and I might be able to suggest a place.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Thanks Lisa,

My wife and the others usually have no problem at all venturing out on their own while we do our own thing on bikes.I know if she had someone to follow around for a day she would see more and ride more. Marty told me to let him know ahead of time. I'm still not 100%....thought there may be others interested in doing the same.

We're starting to get pretty amped up about the trip...the weather here has been lousy....rain,rain,rain :bang: The FS has been closing the area we usually ride, more than it's been open all winter.....can't wait :)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Gary,
I will need my own spot at the campground. Eric and I will be camping in the trailer. If someone wants to tent it and theres room, thats cool with me.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
NRB said:
I guess I need to jump in now, I will be coming down too. And I will have another rider with me, not sure where will be staying, I hope at the camp ground if they have a cabin avaliable that weekend if not somewhere close by.

I added you to the list. Welcome. I checked with Twin Hollow this weekend, they have one cabin left.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
JasonJ said:
TJ, I need one site, Im sleeping in the Van. I dont need water or electric, but if you want to go that way we can

Works for me but i want the "extras" so i will spring the extra $5+ a night for that. Its one of those, would rather have it than not and need it. Plus it means i can bring my microwave and cook like i do at home. ;)

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Xsnrg (?)
I won't be able to make this trip. I'll likely be heading up there sometime this summer with a friend here in NC.

By the way, you don't need a guide, especially if someone in the group has been there before. Just print the maps out and laminate them before you go... and if anyone wants a business idea, start selling color laminated maps for the HF-McCoy.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
If I can get a definitive list, I will be happy to make the reservations.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well this will be my first time there but the map program says 430 miles and 6.5 hours drive time.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
do they ahve a howie hill there? we gotta have a howie hill

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
scooter1130 said:
do they ahve a howie hill there? we gotta have a howie hill
Hey! You can only have a Howie hill if I show up and by some strange twist of fate I am unable to make it up the hill. To date I don't believe there is any documanted proof that that has ever happened...except for some phony soundbite that was totally faked--honest ;)

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
I don't know what a Howie hill is, but they have hills to challenge anyone. There were several hills we barely made it up (with a few attempts) and several others we were very thankful we were going down instead of up! Put it this way, Treejumper, they have hills as steep and as high as anything you've found to climb within 25 miles of Brookville, and then they switchback, get steeper, and go up that much more again, and then they switchback, get steeper....

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Oh, i believe you xsrng! I use to live in Virginia and spent some time visiting the mountians of West Virginia so i know they are big!

The "Sure" comment was for RmGuy's "To date I don't believe there is any documanted proof that that has ever happened...except for some phony soundbite that was totally faked--honest I have the alleged soundbite. :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
The way things are going, they will still have snow for us to play in at the spring ride :yikes:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
April 21 to the 24th. Arriving thursday, riding friday and saturday and heading out sunday morning. Atleast thats my plan. Staying at a campground far as i know. (dont know the name off hand :) Otherwise we are sleeping on the side of the road. :laugh:

Top Bottom