Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I would like to see if I can quiet down the e-series pipe on my XR. I remember something about a quiet core insert, but I was not able to find it anywhere.
Where can I find it and does it really work??? Am I going to loose performance?
Thanks for your replies

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I was at White Bros this afternoon picking up another E-series. Since it's white bros pipe and an unusual shape, they're (or one of their distibutors) the only source for inserts, I think. It may be that distributors don't carry it, but I've seen them in the wb catalog. I've three buddies running the megaphone version of that pipe and they all love it. We didn't think it was that loud, stock with 12 discs and we're sensitive to sound pollution. You could try removing some discs first, which may compromise some top end and benefit bottom end. My guess is that anything that further restricts that exhaust will cause some negative power effect, but I don't know about the quiet insert. I'd call white bros. They did a lot of dyno testing with their e-pipe and they may have dyno data with the insert installed.

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
XR Wolf, I looked up the insert in the White Bros catalog last night. The insert fits inside the existing silencer and, according to the specs, it quiets the pipe by another 5-6 dbs throughout the RPM range. Price was about $38.

Top Bottom