a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey all, I'm taking elk jr. to the track for his B-day, anyone want to join us? We'll be there around 8 and I'll park by the 80 track, under the canopies! Hope to see you guys there

Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Well, it sems as though it's me and jr, unless someone changes their minds over the wekend. I'll check on Monday for some takers. Weather has been great out there.

Elk

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
I plan on riding on Wednesday. More than likely I'll see you out there (but not at 8:00 :D ) Unless I can talk you into going to Perris :) then I'll see you there.

You know us MX types--we're afraid of a week long committment:D I'd look for more responses by Monday. We can probably convince MXDad to meet us out there. You usually don't have to twsit his arm very hard to get him to go ride!

Bill

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I'm playing it by ear, I'll see what happens

Well I no sooner posted this and I got a call from my mortgage co., they change the appraisal from Mon. to Wed. :(

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Elk. Gonna try for next Wednesday. Fighting a cold right now,(the cold is winning), but, should be better by then.

How old is Elk jr going to be?

Anyone else going?

Last edited:

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Well Elk, at least you're getting a response! Even my trickery didn't pull 'em out of hiding this week. Wed's a possibility for me, but I rode today again, and am going out Monday as well, but hoping that I will be able to get out Wednesday too.

Ol' stuffy one - take lots of zinc and get rid of that pesky cold! There's only a few more weeks 'til the GP!

Elk - how old's JR. gonna be? Are you getting him that "darkside" 250f for his birthday? :p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Jr. is going to be 16 and is learning the ways of the 2 stroke. I am having a tough time keeping him on the right path though, being an youth and all. Dean, may your rear tire go flat if you mention the thumpr idea again!!

Now Jr. will have an excuse to be spanked at the track this time cause of the B-day! Anyone that wants to participate in the spanking, come on over. (even the 4 strokers!) Mom isn't real happy about jr missing school again for riding but I told her it was a field trip for science! We should be there by 8 and stay until around 1 or so. Hope to see you all there, even you Dean!! LOL! Just kidding, I know you can't help riding the thumper, it reminds you of the old old old days!

Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'll pack my kids stuff too, so when he goes dark, he'll have his clothes! Hope you have a spare room for him. He almost got the boot when he wanted to buy a Ford!! I talked him outta that one but the dark side thing is really bugging him, he is looking at the 250F, not good. I think I'll keep him on the peewee track so he can stay away from you guys!

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
I'll be there Elk. Watch out with that flat tire stuff, you know, bad Karma and all that. ;) You know you're a closet dark-sider, you're just going to use Jr. as your excuse to ride a thumper.

Bundy and I will have to put you in a 250F, Dark side sandwich Wednesday! :p (of course Bundy will have to be in front)

Bill, think you can get out of bed and make by 8:30 or so? :p

Marklx

May 24, 2001
Hey Guys,

If my new bike ('02 rm250) shows up tomorrow, may try and join you on Wednesday. Will be breaking it in, which will be my lifelong excuse for being slow.

Just so I have some idea of whether I'll be riding with people or simply being lapped, what kind of pace goes on? I don't mind being the slow guy, but curious about the pace you guys are doing. Me personally, I like the vet track and could ride there all day (my klx likes it there too). It's always great to meet out with like-minded people for "encouragement" around the track.

Mark

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Bill, think you can get out of bed and make by 8:30 or so?

You should know better than that! ;)

Just so I have some idea of whether I'll be riding with people or simply being lapped, what kind of pace goes on? I don't mind being the slow guy, but curious about the pace you guys are doing. Me personally, I like the vet track and could ride there all day (my klx likes it there too). It's always
great to meet out with like-minded people for "encouragement" around the track.

Actually, we're all aspiring pros--we just play the spode role very convincingly ;)

Come on out, you'll have a great time. We all usually get together for at least a few laps together (before having to pull over to catch our breath).

So Ol'89r, who won? You or the cold??

Last edited:

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
As much as I want to go, don't think I'll be able to skip work again to do a mid-week ride, just too busy :(

If you guys ever plan a weekend MX ride, just let me know and I'll be there. Probably hit the Gorman (Hungry Valley) MX track, or maybe LACR this Sat. if anyone is headed this direction. Look for the maroon Ranger with the Mx Dude license plates.

Have fun and be safe.

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hope the cold didn't win 89er, you need to be there for support! Come on out Mark so you can se what happens when 2 four strokes try and sandwich a 2 stroke! I'll need your help on this one with that 02 RM since I've got the 01!

I'll camp out at the 80 track, just for you Dean, (closer to the toilets!) We all know how regular you are, too bad they can't put a port-a-potty ON the track. Maybe we can get Camelback to invent a poop/water bag for you! LOL! Just kidding, I shouldn't joke about your condition. C you all tomorrow!

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Hey Cliff,
I was wondering if you were going to be able to make it. Maybe next time. I don't think that I'll be able to make it out this weekend. Maybe in a couple of weeks we could plan on a Sunrise ride.

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Yo Bill,

Looks like you guys should have a good group tomorrow ! Hopefully things will slow down a bit at work so I can do another mid-week ride. Maybe in a few weeks.

Do you think that sometime in the near future we could get the same group to head out to Sunrise or maybe a little further out to VMC (Victorville) ? Never been to VMC but I hear good things about it.

Suggestions ?

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
I think that we could convince quite a few from this group to head up that way. I know that MXDad and I have been saying that we both would like to head up to Sunrise sometime soon, and for anybody else who hasn't been there. . .Sunrise really is a great track and it isn't too crowded on the weekends. Let's try to plan something in a week or so. I might be able to make it out this weekend, but it will be a long shot.

I keep hearing good things about VMC too, but for some reason Sunrise attracks me more--maybe just because I've been there before :silly:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I rode at VMC two weeks ago with a friend, it was good and bad. The good was that it was real light traffic there and it was groomed nice. A bit too often watered though but not enough to make it soupy. The owner seemed real nice and open to suggestions. My biggest suggestion is to not have quads at the track at the same time! The other was the super high lifting double on the front set. Just a little high for me, 20+ feet in the air is scary for this old man!

I'm open for other track rides too so post them and we'll see if we can make it a group shot.

All in all, I had a great time on the track, it was pretty big too, reminded me of Glen Helen.

See you all tomorrow.
Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Doesn't look like I will make it this morning. Kicked the cold, but, had some business come up that requires my presence in Orange Co., this morning. Will try to make it later today if I get back in time.

Wish lil' elk a happy birthday for me. Dad, Bundy, keep the pressure on, sounds like we almost have lil' elk converted to the dark side.

Have fun.

Ol'89r

Last edited:
Top Bottom