family or dirtbikes, what would you do?

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
"Selfish" is a two way street. If you love to ride, it makes you happy, that SHOULD also make the spouse happy (you could be in a bar with your buddies all night). Sure there are risks...yadda...yadda...

My wife knows it makes me happy and I'm spending more time with our kids (who also ride) which keeps them a bit closer to home, gives them something positive to do, and might just keep them out of trouble. Which makes her happy.

She would never be selfish enough to ask me to quit or issue an ultimatum. AND, that's a two way street. There are things she does that makes her very happy that I don't particularly care for. EXCESSIVE clothes shopping for one... :scream: (which balances out the pipes, the gear, the tires, the new bikes...etc...) But we are different people and we understand that it's okay to be the same, yet different. BUT, her main happiness is more important to me. If she's happy, I'm happy, life is good.

It's a two way street, hopefully you both are travelling the same direction.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Oh boy does this sound familiar!........
Bikes VS family.
I look at it this way, would the wife be ticked off if you were playing minor leage softball, football, soccer, or golf?
Maybe, but probably not as badly as with the motorcycle thing.
When i got married again (yea yea i know i blew it twice...:confused: ) she knew fully well that i like to ride most every weekend (Sundays of course! :D ) and she was o.k. with it..........at first.
Then i got the "you love that bike more than me" bit. UGH
That was when i noticed a t-shirt in a store we were in.
"Hey dear! Look at this. It's pretty funny!"
"Humpf!!!" she said and walked off, but i think she got the message.

Oh, what did the shirt say? I think youve all seen this one.
<girl on shirt -w- dirt biker in background>
"She told me if i go riding one more time she's gonna leave me.
I'm gonna miss her...." ;) :scream: ;)

Top Bottom