Alexmx17

Dec 30, 2008
Hello guys!!! about 1.5 months ago i was asking for your opinion on CRF 250 09 or SXF 250 09
Well it was a very hard choice but it ended up with me choosing the KTM and i must say even tho i have only driven it 2 hours (in running in mode) due to the crappy weather it is a beast compared to the CRF 250 08 and SXF 250 07 i test drived before i chose and very very improved compared to the 07 ktm cant say for the 08 yet as i havent driven 1 Now compared to my SX 125 03 well... if i washnt a 2smoke lover i would say 2 strokes are a joke but im going to go ahead and say double CC 6 years newer and maybe my SX needs new top end lala But this is my first 4 stroke motocrosser and i am very impressed already it pulled better on the trails i have taken it compared to my 125 even with half throttle to be honest.. cant wait till ive ran it in so i can open her fully on a MX track to see the difference...The only thing i got to get used to is this engine breaking so far i dont like it but i must say i think i will like it in the long run. Anyway i am in love with it at the moment and i am glad to be active again after being busy this last month feel free to ask me any questions regarding the bike if you want but first give me a week or so maybe so i can run it in and race it in 2 weeks

Here are some pics
http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/ss301/Darkrocky17/?action=view&current=P1010024.jpg
and here is a small vid on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgdOwt97qfc&feature=channel_page
( no comment on music its youtube's mine was copyrighted >_> atleast its kinda cheerful lol..)

Ps. i hope this was posted on the correct forum Section
Thanks for reading

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
Alexmx17 said:
But this is my first 4 stroke motocrosser and i am very impressed already it pulled better on the trails i have taken it compared to my 125 even with half throttle to be honest..

Yea I'm on my first 4-stroke MX'er and I've been impressed with it so far too (KX450f). I agree about the trails and the pull - it's fun to take it out for just a laid back calm trail ride.

Alexmx17 said:
cant wait till ive ran it in so i can open her fully on a MX track to see the difference...The only thing i got to get used to is this engine breaking so far i dont like it but i must say i think i will like it in the long run.

I can't say that I noticed too much more engine braking over my KX250. But then again the 4-stroke is set to idle and my 2-strokes where always set for no idle so maybe both set each way has similar engine braking? My main complaint (only complaint really) is the tight rutted cornering where I can feel the top heaviness slows the cornering (and this is the area that seems to tire me out when burning laps on the track, but my track area has some real tight corners in some spots).

My 04 KX250 cornered very sharp! But the suspension on that thing was harsh and stiff (probably part of the reason it cornered so good). On the other hand where I lose on tight cornering with the 450f I make up ten-fold on whooped out/bumpy straightaways where the bike is so much more stable it makes me feel like Chad Reed in the whoops, lol, so effortless. If I could get the cornering of my 04 KX250 with the whooped out straightaway stability of the 450f it would be perfection!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Congrats on the new bike! It looks great.

Please try using some punctuation in your post. It will make it a much more enjoyable read for everyone.

Alexmx17

Dec 30, 2008
will do next time, i was angry because i wrote this 4 and no kidding 4 times each time firefox went funny and i lost it...

Top Bottom