dmxracing

May 27, 2002
Hello, I just changed my seals on my 2000 YZ426F and I decided to try the Mobil 1 ATF for fluid. I am about 6'2" and 220lbs. so I decided to raise the fork oil level by 15mm so it is now 115mm. I want to know how I should set the clickers since the ATF is 7.5wt and I would like similar rebound and compression characteristics. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

BBD

Apr 10, 2002
Most ATF fluid is about 3 wt. If so, then you will have to go in on your clickers till you stop bottoming. Start with stock and work from there going in 2 clicks at a time. Put a zip-tie around the fork tube under the fork seal and see where it is when you finish testing. This will show how much travel is being used. Max oil level is 90mm.

dmxracing

May 27, 2002
Thanks for the reply Jeremy. I liked the way the M1ATF worked but my suspension is still not stiff enough. I weigh 220 and I am running stock suspension. I would like to have my suspension revalved but I simply can't afford it now, so I am thinking about just buying the correct fork and shock springs for the bike and eventually I will revalve. How will the stock suspension work with stiffer springs? I know that I will have to increase my rebound to accomodate for the stiffer springs. Any other ideas??? Thanks

Top Bottom