truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I cannot get rid of these hiccups. They have been going 15 hours now.

I had minor outpatient sinus surgery yesterday (bilatteral ethmoidectemy and maxillary something or the other). Well they put me under (and that sucked... I felt paralyzed and couldn't breath - or just felt that way). Then when I woke up I felt horrible and my BP was high. They said it was from the morphine and demoral.

Now they have me on Loricet. Since starting it yesterday I have not stopped having the hiccups.

I have no pain or anything. Just hiccups. I am hoping that stopping the Loricet will get rid of them and the pain stays away too. I feel too cloudy and awkward on the Loricet. I do not see how anyone could get addicted to something like this. It makes me feel bad, not good. No euphoria, no relaxation, just severe insomnia (I have not slept since coming out of surgery at 3:30pm yesterday and annoying hiccups (unless me not having pain is a tradeoff for the hiccups I gotta find a way to get rid of these things).

Doc wants me on the Loricet throughout today and most of tomorrow. My girlfriend agreed to make sure I take them as directed but I might have her agreed to help me wean off today. She is a Physician's Assistant and knows this stuff pretty good so I know I'm in good hands.

Ok... just rambling/venting/annoyed and want to ride.

Ivan

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Take a teaspoon of sugar (or packet) and pour it on the back of your tongue. Look down at the ground with your chin against your chest and keep trying to swollow the sugar until it's gone. When it is so are the hiccups.... usually.

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
sorry about your hiccups, that sucks. dont stop taking your meds, i dont like them either, but im sure there masking alot of pain right now.if you stop them your pains gonna sky rocket and your bp will follow suit.... hang in there and good luck. ;)

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Teaspoon of peanut butter......works for me.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
BOOO

:rotfl:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
A teaspoon of PB works. Trouble is, you've never eaten just a teaspoon of PB. :nener:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
A trick that has worked for me since I was a kid is to take like a tablespoon of lemon juice. I don't know why or how it works, but it does.

Or eat a piece of a fresh lemon.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Ivan, haven't talked to you in a while but I hope you get better soon. If the Loricet or whatever it is called is for pain and you don't have any, wean yourself off it now. If the pain comes back then you still need it. Possibly the pain will not come back and the hiccups will go away too :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I once told my ex-wife how to get rid of hiccups, but I don't hate you Ivan :)

My business pal had a case like yours a while back, I could hear him hiccuping from another floor on a job we were doing. He was literally in pain from the hiccups, his chest hurt. The thing that cured him was a 16 oz. can of beer after work. :whoa:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Ok... that lasted only 2 hours. Hiccups are back and kept me from sleeping all night again.

Snow and sleet has closed all the doctor's offices.

The pain is starting to come in and settle too.

Today is going to suck.

Ivan

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Seriously - try drinking a beer, the carbonation may help! It really did work for my pal. :think:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe some Jack Daniels and the pain meds will fix it Ivan. It should at least knok ya' out. ;)

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
According to my medical reference Thorazine is prescribed for the condition you describe. Its also used if your psychotic so as your a dirtbiker it should work fine.LOL

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Now that the hiccups are gone everything seems to be healing well that they worked on but it appears I had a bad intubation.

I have a big white spot on my uvula and it is bright red and swollen. I had my girlfriend and her ex husband look at it. She is a Phys Asst and he is an ER Internist.

We believe they used too large a tube or messed up insertion or removal. If it wasn't for the throat pain I'd feel 100% right now. But my throat hurts so bad that I can't eat or sleep right now. I am gargling with salt water and being liberal with the throat spray.

My follow up is Monday. Hopefully it will be feeling better soon after.

Ivan

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Damn, PILK ... hiccups with busted ribs would hurt a LOT! Perhaps I will stop by this afternoon with some pepper, see if I can't start a sneezing fit. ;)

Top Bottom