Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Christmas around the Eeds residence when I was growing up was small as I am an only child. It was always guaranteed to be full of great food because my mother believed food and love were one and the same. As I lived in a neighborhood next to a SAC base, a gazillion kids would be out playing with their new presents about 30 minutes after dawn on Christmas Day. That was always a hoot and I am smiling thinking about it.

When I got married and the twins came along it was all about staying at home. Only Suzy's mother survived long enough to see her grandkids, so we continued the tradition of having a small quiet Christmas.

Now that my daughter has blessed us with a gradson, it all revolves around Graham. We will be getting together over at Grannies house to open presents. It is kinda sad, but I don't even get a tree now because the cats don't seem to care. It doesn't matter really as Christmas is all about family and I am always surrounded by mine on Christmas Day, even if I have to drive to see them.

I have been dreaming about having Christmas in my home when I (finally) build out in West Texas. I have designed the house around a nitch just made for a Christmas tree surrounded by presents.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom