How do you get that RED BAKED DIRT and GREASE of a dirt bike engine? HAVE PICS !!!!!!

ivanivz

May 19, 2009
hey i have a rm 125 1998 that is pretty old and i want to get a like new engine look, each time i pressure wash it, it still leaves behind the baked on dirt and it looks like it is in the pic, also how do i get thee metal looking like knew, sometimes i get the dirt of but the metal/cylinder/engine cases look gray like really used, up, is there any solutuion or spray that can get of the baked on dirt and make my engine look like new also the muffler has alot of dirt that even gas wont take of??, what would work on that?????
[Mod Edit - Forum size limit for pictures is 800x800}

Last edited by a moderator:

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
I use castrol super clean degreaser. Then when its dry and it will look extra dry after that stuff i use some amorall on everything. Works great.

Somtimes it doesnt get all the grease off the plastics and the super clean leaves a funky film on the swingarm forks and bars so I use some adheasive remover to get that stuff gone. I think i have the cleanest 10+ year old bikes around :nod:

Attachments

• l_dea2be36af1c49afa25f7337e4c6be0b.jpg
    l_dea2be36af1c49afa25f7337e4c6be0b.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 348

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
to degrease the engine and frame i use a toothbrush with kerosene. if its only dirt i use only the toothbrush no kerosene. then i make a normal soap wash after.
but i dont know if it can harm the engine.

i use the wd-40 after a wash to remove and prevent rust especially on the pipe and frame.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
castrol super clean for sure! put it on fully concentrated on a dry bike, let it set about 5 minutes, pressure wash off. Then reapply and scrub where you need it

digifox

May 25, 2006
Purple stuff FTW....or like Auto zones Heavy Duty Engine degreaser*its orange and smells like veggies* but it will eat everything off it. may want to keep a thing of Neverdull or something if you use that cuz it makes aluminum look pretty bad(cleans up real easy)

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
Super clean blows all other degreasers away by a mile. The others are just a waste of money (not trying to be a dick). Ive got a shop and the superclean dissolves the best. Ive tried all sorts of stuff and the castrol always prevails.

Redrodent

Jul 31, 2002
Chain wax has some weird solvent, and works very well to cut grease and ground in dirt on plastics. I only use a little for tough spots or wheel cleaning. The rear wheel is always the worst in supermoto. Leaves a wax coating behind too :nod: As far as aluminum goes, if it's cast and not polished, nothing really works that good short of a scotch brite pad or bead blasting.

Last edited:

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
The Best Engine Cleaner On Planet Earth

Is..........EngineBrite original (yup, the flammable one) just don't use it on blacktop (at least yours) or on a hot bike.
Now before all you earthnazis go off on me, I only use it when it is really really necessary. This stuff is the nuclear option for grime.

Top Bottom