Joeschmo

Jun 12, 2005
i was reading about a 2.9 gallon gas tank that they have. i was wondering how many hours you get on a tank i know its how modified it is and how hard you ride it but on average how long?

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
well, i just got my kdx. I see that you dont have one so are you looking to get one? They are very nice bikes. Anyway. I have been racing my freind in the trails everyday and i now just hit my reserve. WHen i got the bike it had aobut 3/4 of gas. I rode for about an hour the first day, about an hour on the road since now, and about 7 hours in the trails. So if you filled the tank to the top i think a little over 12 hours of riding. So i think if you were doing normal riding and not racing you could probably get about 13 hours of riding. This is with a stock bike that runs rich. I can give you a more acurate answer after i run out of gas next time. I will clock it for you.

StuckinJersey

May 11, 2005
Joe -
I think you need to take into consideration what type of terrain you will be riding. I get maybe about 5 to 6 hours on a tank but that is in tight single track style trails with lots of hill climbs. I can count on about 45 miles per tank prior to going to reserve and I just jetted it to run a little leaner which will give me some more time on the tank. Compared to other woods 2-Strokes the KDX is easy on the gas. IMS makes a 3.4 gallon tank if you are really looking for extra time.

Joeschmo

Jun 12, 2005
yah im really looking into one right now thats why i want to know how good they are i would be doing mainly trail rides and the occaisional hill climb

2wheeler

Dec 9, 2004
I have never run out of gas before I am ready to go home in one day. I have gotten 65 mi. on a tank including reserve.(stock jetting, after market pipe & silencer) As you said all depends on how and where you ride. As for me I top off before every ride. And I am out of gas long before the kdx.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I've ridden 75 miles before going reserve (starting with a full tank).

I've ridden 20 miles before going reserve (starting with a full tank).

Like SiJ said...it depends.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Definitly depends on how / where you are riding. Cruising back roads (my bike is plated) I've gone over 80 miles without touching reserve. Riding tight trails with deep sand and racing my buddies I've sucked a tank down in ~35 miles.

My bike has pipe/silencer, porting/head work, bored carb, reeds, and proper jetting (a touch on the safe side).

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
Strewth, my bike is definately using too much juice. I can barely get 2 hours out of a full tank. I knew it was heavy but after reading some posts here that just seems ridiculous.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom