Hunting season's a-comin'!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
I don't know about you guys, but my neck's startin' to swell and my upper lip is beginning to curl . . . only 2 1/2 weeks 'til we start flickin' sticks! (my kid's more excited than I am!)

Time to warm up the bugle!:cool:

Last edited:
Yeah....I've got to start wamin' up my sticks and string. If only everything I had would quit breaking (including my bike) , I could find some time:(

I can't wait!

Tree

Lifetime Sponsor
Yep, Sept 1, bow season opens here. Getting my bow out of the shop tomorrow had it tuned and restrung plus bought some new carbon arrows. Too bad the deer around here (San Diego area, local mountains) are not as big as other areas but I'll take what I can get.

Oh yeah im ready, I just cant wait to get out there and spend all day and all night. 14 hours of calling, coughing, sneezing, and "dude im hungry". All equals to great times with people you care about, and one less deer to be killed ;) .

i will be hunting every day i can get in the woods. Ther is at least one 16 point buck in my area and a lot of 8 to 12 pointers. i plan on getting my limit this year.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
After many years of freezing my toes (not to mention other extremities) I decided to stop deer hunting.
I had been hunting a huge buck...first day of gun season and nobody has checked him in yet. Im in the tree well before light, everythings perfect(hes got the whole area rubbed and scraped).
Daylight breaks and just over the hill.....WHooom WHoooom Whooom!!!
I didn't realize anyone else was within miles of me.
Turns out a 13 yr old kid who had just gotten his first gun, sat next to a stump at daybreak and this 14 pointer walked right past him. First time this kid ever hunted alone. Deer scored B&C points... That's it...I'm done. :(

I just purchased a new bow about two weeks ago, but unfortunately I won't be able to hunt with it this year. So it looks like I'll still be waiting until October 10th. However the deer and elk won't get off any easier as I don't have any Thursday or Friday classes this fall, so I'll have plenty of hunting time.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
I am SOOOO pumped!!

I almost forgot about dirt bikes :D

I gave up bow hunting to concentrate on ducks and geese.
I have 4 hotspots this year :)

Got my shotgun deer tag though

And I get my buck back from the taxidermist in a couple weeks from last year

XRP, I am Jealous I hope to elk hunt one day!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Re: I am SOOOO pumped!!

Originally posted by Offroadr
XRP, I am Jealous I hope to elk hunt one day!!
I don't know what its like to not hunt elk! Been doing it my whole life! I just wish my success rate was a little higher. I'd really like to get one while the kid's with me. He really digs it. I think he'll be more into it than me in the future.

I hope to hunt moose someday!

SirThumper

Lifetime Sponsor
Yep, my trigger finger has been itching for about a month now, and with all these hunting shows on the outdoor channel the symptoms are getting worse. I haven't been able to ride for the last month so I went scouting in unit 48, up East fork. There are a ton of elk this year:) I didn't draw that unit but there is a late spike hunt that is pretty much a sure thing.

I might have to dust off the ole bow myslef!, I haven't hunted with it in about 5 years ( since I got married ). I spent alot of time in the mountains when I was archery hunting. I'd get off work at 5:00, be at my favorite hunting spot at 6:30, get home at 11:00. I would repeat this process every day for a month just chasing one buck. I never got a shot of him, but I did get a shot at a 27" 4x4 that was running with him, everything went picture perfect except for the arrow flying over his back cause my sight came loose at one point or another :scream:

SirThumper's success rate with a bow: 1 forked horn
SirThumper's success rate with a rifle: I've lost count.

I really like bow hunting, but I have terrible luck when it comes down the the shot itself. I've missed two 25"+ bucks, one cow elk, umpteen dozen smaller deer. The honest truth is that I didn't go with my dad to the outdoor 3D shooting range cause I thought, me being the great white hunter, didn't need to!. Thats what I get for thinking I guess.

Lorin

Lifetime Sponsor
I am all for the hunting thing myself. I finally purchased my lifetime hunting & fishing permit this year (dont know why I didnt buy it when I was 16). Dove hunting with the guys Sept 1st. Whoohooo. If it flies, it dies!!! (or at least gets shot at). Havent done much deer hunting to this point, but hope to start going this year. Mostly dove, ducks, and geese.

SPD

Lifetime Sponsor
Mx a double barrel 10 ga works better.
A guy at work was at me about going elk hunting. Got me all excited, then found out he was just blowing smoke up my but. What a poser. One day in the near future I'm going bow hunting for elk.

I've been shooting my bow almost every day for the last two months. Pa is having a drawing for our first modern day Elk hunt. I didn't apply for a tag though. Those animals are a tourist attraction an don't seem to really fear humans. So this first one won't be much of a hunt. Maybe next year once they smarten up to people I will apply.

Coop

Mully

AssClown SuperPowers
Guys,

If any of you Elk hunters could or would, I would be interested in obtaining as many elks teeth that I can. This can be a money making deal for you. If anyone is interested, please email me for the details.

Mully