Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
Rode a powerline hadn't ridden for a while, went over blind hill, forgot about huge hole, 2 broken fingers left hand, snapped scafoid in right wrist in half, surgery thursday, both arms in casts, left for 4 weeks, right for 6 or more after surgery. Can still eat, bathroom, dress though. To hard to type. Wish me luck!

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
LOL... I love the half sentences, must go home,leave work now, eat dinner,need sleep must rest.....laughing with not at..

weekendtoy

Jun 2, 2001
Sorry to hear that

I took a spill myself this weekend nothing like yours just bad bruises and i'm sore as hell.I guess the reality of it is this is a big boys sport we are playing here and getting hurt always looms ahead.Wish you a speedy recovery.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh no, that's too bad. Where were you riding? Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Put moto stickers on your casts.

Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
Man, I hate when that happens. Seems like there have been a lot of crash posts lately. I crashed last week (wrist MAY be broken, need to wait for swelling to go down), FC22 trashed her elbow. Wraith had the big one (wishing you the best, Wraith).

I hope you recovery well. 6 weeks isn't too bad. Just think of how clean your bike can be by then;) .

After my next ride I'm posting an "I didn't get hurt" post. At least I hope I am.

Mag

Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
I was just out on some local power lines here in Port Townsend WA, forgot about hole on left 4x4 had dug, hit it hard, flew a good 20ft, slid another 30ft, remember thinking in the air this will hurt! Worst is just bought a 94 CBR600 F2 last monday, now can't play. :(

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
I am so sorry to hear that. I almost crashed sunday. I was looking at the team suzuki truck across the street getting gas as I went around a corner 20mph then I happened to hit a rock and that made my front wash out in the sand but I put my foot down and hit the gas hard and saved it some how. ( then rode close to the street and did a panic REV to get the suzuki truck's attention. Guess what it was Travis pastrana's Father! Travis wasn't with him. I'm fine but am a little like " I wish that almost crash never happened "
Good luck with a quick recovery rate.
:signing cast: CRGuy
CRG

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Racers Edge
both arms in casts

good luck to you.

i had both arms in slings once. i broke my left arm and right side collarbone. it happened on a saturday and my surgery wasn't scheduled until the next tuesday. it was the longest three days of my life. there is nothing more humbling than having someone else wipe your...well, nevermind.:D

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It seems like there have been a lot of crashes lately.:think

I hope for a speedy recovery. BTW, I'm glad to hear "bathroom" is OK. I know a guy that had to have his sister um...help him in the powder room for 6 months.:eek: because of two severly broken arms. I wonder how Fro managed when he was casted all up??

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
Ah yes the powder room. There was a thing on T.V yesterday I think about a football player who got paralyzed and has to have his brother dig it out because the player is unable to operate those system's.
CRG

Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
This thread is going down fast....

I'm willing to accept the risk of broken bones, bruises, even knee surgery, but the thought of needing help with bodily functions could cause me to sell my bike:( .

Mag

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
HEY R.E Sorry to here that!:( Know the feeling, just getting over broken ribs.) Go to a pro race and get your casts signed ;)
I suppose driving might be a little bit of a problem :eek:
Good luck, speedy recovery

Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
Yes I'm glad bathroom is ok. :cool: Have to go in for pre-surgery today for blood drawn. Then real thing Thursday, I'm sort of nervous. :eek: I think I may be able to drive an automatic in a few weeks but don't own one. Not fun not being able to do anything other then watch TV! I was going to ride CBR600 F2 to Washougal, maybe someone will drive of my friends? I'm finding out who my real friends are though. I'll update ya after surgery.

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
Hey man sorry to hear about the crash! I know the feeling, I just ragged it pretty hard on Sunday at the track myself.
Came over the 95ft table and my back end got way high! When i landed my head smashed the bars. Went unconcious for a few minutes. The paramedics thought i might have been paralized because i couldnt move or feel ANYTHING at the time. I got the lovely helicopter ride to the hospital to find out that i have a serious concusion, 3 broken ribs, a broken collarbone and a screwed up knee. Lucky none of it need surgery but it still sucks! I was supposed to race in 2 weeks but not anymore. The only advantage to this is that my parents are making me sell my 97 yz125 and buy a brand new bike. I'd like an 02 yz125 but i cant wait long enough for them to come out!!!

CC_RIDER

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by CRGuy
a football player who got paralyzed and has to have his brother dig it out because the player is unable to operate those system's.
CRG

I hope your'e talking about going "number one" there! :scream:

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
2 broken fingers left hand, snapped scafoid in right wrist in half, surgery thursday, both arms in casts, left for 4 weeks, right for 6 or more after surgery
all thats great but we really wanted to know how the bike is;) just messin wit ya

Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
Broke front brake lever off, cracked right radiator shroud, tweaked front wheel, forks and bars out of position. So just need lever. They're not putting me completely under, hearing the drill will be freaky! :scream: Hopefully I get lots of Vicanine afterwards. :confused: It's tomorow at noon PST.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
They're not putting me completely under, hearing the drill will be freaky! :scream:

OMG!! I would request drugs! There's no way you'd be able to keep me calm for something like that. I have 3 wisdom teeth that are fully in and I've been putting off their removal for fear of drugs, drills and pain. (I know, I know, no lectures please, as soon as I have dental coverage I'm making the appointment)

All this makes me so grateful that I have had so few serious crashes. Actually, none. I've had some pretty impressive spills, but only 1 ever where I was unable to ride afterwards. And that was fairly recent. I was able to putt back to the fire road from the trail, thank God, and all I had was some torn muscles/other things in my elbow. That was fairly recently, and I still can't straighten it. I read about all your spills and hospital visits and I think: "wow, I've never even been in the emergency room." I have been SO lucky. So my hat--or helmet--is off to you, boys and girls, who have all had injuries and made it through.

wardd

Aug 17, 2000
After Crash

Good luck in your recovery. It will go faster than you think right now I'm sure.

I've had my share of injuries, as most of us have, and just recently received a severe dislocation in the right hand. Emergency surgery on race day to put everything back together, but believe it or not I'll be riding next week. Still pretty stiff but I can grip the throttle. Just have alot of stiffness in the joints but the scar tissue from the incision on my palm is what stings.

Injuries suck, and I always tend to get very humble immediately after the crash(ie. I'm gonna sell that bike!). But then some time passes and you catch a race on tv, or maybe just come across an issue of 'Motocross Action'. Pretty soon you are sitting on your bike in the garage just fantasizing about riding again. Now that's when it's in your blood. Why can't my wife just understand that?

Wardd.

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
Sorry to hear that man, I did that same thing at the Southern spode fest,
without the brakes though, but i broke my leg last year/ Enduro. So good
luck with the surgury!!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
They're not putting me completely under, hearing the drill will be freaky! :scream:

this reminds me of when i broke my femur. i was in traction for six weeks. they had put a long steel rod all the way through my lower leg (in one side, out the other) just below my knee to tie the weights to. when they removed me from traction to put a cast on, i was sitting there wondering how they were going to get that rod out. the doctor grabbed a pair of pliers and just started twisting and pulling until it came out. talk about freaky. i was so shocked that i didn't say a word.:scream:

Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
Surgery went well, though they had to put alot more screws in than they first thought. They put me completely under. It hurt like hell when I first woke for a few hours but now doesn't at all. My throat hurts though from the tubes they shove down there for breathing.

Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
I got a plastic cast on the right today that I can take off when showering. Much better! They just put 1 screw that's 1 1/2 inches long. Maybe I'll scan the x-ray? Might get plastic cast on left in 2 weeks. Had pain for only 2 hours after surgery and haven't been on pain killers since, which is odd. Hoping left will be healed in August, right in mid-August. Now I need to figure out how to drive!:p

Top Bottom