i may have ruined my fork, can you help?

cash flow

May 6, 2001
I own a '94 Yamaha YZ125. on my last trip to the sand dunes my left side lower fork tube came out of the bottom. it has threads on it but my manual doesnt say anything about it being able to come apart. is there any way to fix that or do i need new forks?

thanks

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I wouls SERIOUSLY recommend that you get the suspension looked at by an experienced technician and hope it does not cost too much to fix, becasue from the sounds of it, you have a MAJOR problem.

cash flow

May 6, 2001
has anyone else had this problem. i would like more info than just to see my local technician, although i appreciate the reply.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Dude, if the insides of your forks(most likwly the cartridge since you mention threads) came out of the fork, you have MAJOR problems. The problems are way more than we can explain over the boards. Really, if you want it to be good again, take it to a tech, unless you have alot of experience with suspension.

P_Taylor

Uhhh...
Jun 17, 2000
I have seen this on a `99 YZ250 , the tube and axle clamp was sold together as one part. The `99 part was $180 for the right side assembly. If you caught it before the threads were damaged you should be able to save it.

podia

Aug 31, 2000
i suppose that the lower part of the tube has been taken apart before and assembled without using threadlock.:silly:

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Podia,
I would not actually recomend the thread lock... We use greese actualy.. IT gives a more solid torque, and prevents the fragile threads from gualing.
Regards,
Jer

Top Bottom