Internet Explorer and dirtrider.net

tightwoods

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 23, 2000
Any suggestions on how to get IE ver. 6.0 to log me in automatically (like it used to do until very recently!) to dirtrider.net?
In Internet Options/Content/Autocomplete I've told it to use autocomplete for usernames and passwords but that does nothing. If I use Netscape I log-in automatically with no problems. Thanx.

Last edited:

tightwoods

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 23, 2000
It says I'm offline when I'm still logged-in, and when I navigate the site I'm constantly prompted to log-in with username and password. This is driving me nutz! Please help. Thanx again.

tightwoods

B

biglou

Try "Tools" "Internet Options", click the "Security" tab, then click the "Custom Level" button and scroll down to the cookies area. Make sure you are allowing cookies. There are three choices: "Disable" "Enable" and "Prompt". Choose one of the two latter ones.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
There's that and make sure you have "browse board with cookies" enabled in you user options

tightwoods

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 23, 2000
Cookies are enabled as well as everything else that can be enabled. User Authentication/Logon is set for Automatic logon with current username & password. Browse board with cookies is checked "yes". Still, I am prompted for my username and password to logon to the forums and to go to my "cp" after I've logged on. Maybe there's a setting in the registry that isn't changing. Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall IE.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
The "online" key has to be manualy toggled in your user options panel. as for editing your posts you have to be a subscriber or STM.

tightwoods

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 23, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU
The "online" key has to be manualy toggled in your user options panel. as for editing your posts you have to be a subscriber or STM.

The "Invisible Mode" key is checked "no". I am subscribed to this thread but cannot edit any of my posts.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I use IE 6 and have no problems with log-ins. You have a problem with how IE is handling cookies.
As Irish stated, you have to be a Subscriber to edit threads. That is not the same as being subscribed to a thread.

tightwoods

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 23, 2000
I reset IE to defaults and then changed my settings and now it's working like it used to. Thanks for all posts.

tightwoods

Top Bottom