SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
When I get home at the end of April I plan on putting new tires on my XR200R. I'm considering the IRC VE32 Front tire and IRC VE33 Rear tire. For the rear, it comes in 2 sizes, 100/100 or 110/100, what would be best for my little bike? Also, any suggestions on other tires are welcome.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Speedy,

The only IRC I've tried was the IXO7S. Maybe it's a good soft terrain tire but it STUNK for me riding intermediate/hard terrain. I know some people that swear by the M5B and would try one myself.

The best gripping best wearing tire I've used is the Maxxis C6001 and I highly recommend it for offroad. It lasted a long long time and was still working reasonably well when it was almost bald. I doubt I could be any happier and it was about 45 bucks online.

I'm only referring to rear tires. Happy Hunting.

Joe Chief

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I'm running a 110/100 VE33 on my KDX

It seems to wear like Iron

It replaced a Dunlop 756 which wore down like melted butter

But it is not as GRIPPY as the 756 was on hard slippery stuff like granite

I'd like to someday try a M5B but I'm not sure the KDX has enuf oomph to turn those huge knobs

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
I replaced my Dunlop 756 with a Michelin MS2 and was very pleased with the better grip and better wearing it is a mini tire butr they make a full size version in the Starcross line.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I installed the 100\100 IRC on the rear of my 91 xr200. Works great, wears well, and tracks good. I am pleased with the tire.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
wibby said:
I'd like to someday try a M5B but I'm not sure the KDX has enuf oomph to turn those huge knobs

The M5B is THE DEAL! I love that tire. It does need a lot of oomph to push it but man it GRIPS and lasts a long time.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
XR200Rs have a 17 inch rear rim so I have trouble finding tires. I think I'm probably going to go with the IRC tires, my dad has one on his bike and it wears extremely well. The Kenda I have on it right now is wearing pretty fast, and the traction isn't extremely good, except on solid rock.

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Do you all recommend the ve33 for all round riding conditions? I have been told that the m5b is da bomb in the soft and wears well. But what about dry conditions?

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
The M5b has large knobs, which make it resemble a paddle-tire somewhat. That is what makes it work so well in mud, and sand. As to dry conditions, it works well there as well, especially in deep loam. I will run the m5b until they quit making the tire. It even manages fairly well in rocks and hard pack.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
One of my buds is using the M5B on his KX250. We ride a lot of different terrain here, rocks, mud, culm banks, asphault, rocks, roots, railroad beds, clay. Mostly rocks tho.

So far he is very happy with it and is getting great wear out of it. The M5B and the 6001maxxis look more like what comes with the KDX stock.

I find it amazing that there are a few tires out that outperform AND outlast the others. I always thought one would sacrifice the other, but it hasn't been so in my case. Neither tire is overpriced either.

Chief

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
I've been thinking about buying the mb5, ve33 or the maxxix IT's. Anyone have any further thoughts regarding which tire has the best where and all around functionality. I'm not a racer but need a tire the works well in conditions from hardpack to mud...don't we all!!!

It seems the M5B has good reviews for soft but what about the hardpack and how do the ve33's and Maxxis IT's measure up?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
kawdude said:
Do you all recommend the ve33 for all round riding conditions? I have been told that the m5b is da bomb in the soft and wears well. But what about dry conditions?
I ran the m5b in the soft medimum and hard pack and it worked fine in all situations.

Top Bottom