is this a good deal CRF 450/YZ 250?

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
My buddy wants to get out of riding based on a severe accent he recently had. He told me he would sell me his 2005 CRF 450 (only 4 rides)=needs new fork (1 side), Throttle tube/cable and break lever and perch as well as a front rim/hoop. Based on what he needs to fix it, and NOT count labor (I work for free on my own bikes), I went to a popular auction site and it looks like I only need to spend about $400 to fix (with used parts).

AND....

1999 YZ 250 that needs a new crank/bottom end and the pipe is badly dented up. Sounds like it would cost $300-500 to fix this bike.

all for $4000, is it worth it???

I am thinking it is well worth the deal, as I can fix everything but the YZ bottom end.

even if I don't "need" the YZ, I could part it out and sell it and get ~$1000-1300 for it, or fix it and get ~$1500-2000 for it, or keep it and sell my RM. I would love to keep a 2t around for when I am in the mood and when I have visitors.

thoughts??

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me for 2 bikes, and if you can do most of the labor yourself that makes it that much better. If the fork is bent I would just make sure you give the frame and subframe a good lookover to make sure none of that is tweaked. Like you said you could always fix one of them up and then sell it to make up for the money you put into fixing them.

Top Bottom