Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
After attending this year's DirtWeek COMPLETELY out of shape and over-weight... I'm starting the program I used last year. Somehow, last winter went by without a program, bad eating habits, the works.

Here are some numbers:
DW '00
weight: 185
waist: 32
BF % 13
resting heart rate: 62 (could've been better)

DW '01
weight: 220 :scream:
waist: 36 :scream:
BF %: Don't want to know
resting heart rate: 72!

The basic program:

1) Aerobic
30 min, mornings before food, Monday-Friday. Rotate Eliptical/ Tae Bo (don't laugh! It works!!)

2) Weights (early evening)
Monday: Upper Body, 60 sec. max rest between sets, medium weight, high reps (not looking for bulk)
Tuesday: Rest
Wed. Lower body
Thur: Rest
Friday: upper
Sat. Rest
Sunday: Rest
(rotate days to get 2 lower body one week, 2 upper the next)

Water: gallon each day
Food: Protein/carb balanced, 6 small meals each day, no portion larger than the palm of my hand, size of my fist.

Supplements: 2 meals each day replaced with Met-Rx
Joint stack (Glucosamine/Chondroitin)

I'll update this thread with my starting measurements, then again each month. This "journal" is for my benefit by the way... seeing results is a big part of sticking to a program for me.

greenewa

Nov 18, 2000
Okie, I have been doing the same type of program for about a month now and I can already see the results on my bike and off of my bike. I use the 'Body for Life' program as a guideline and it has really helped me. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Hope you don't mind me posting in your journal. ;)

Anyhow, here is my routine:

Monday: Nothing (Construction Spanish Class from 6-9, everyone else in the office was doing it and signed before I realized ~ NO MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. :( )
Tuesday: Weights in the gym. 3 sets of 15-20 medium weight. Focus on Chest, Back, Quads, Hamstrings, Arms, and 150 situps.
Wednesday: Mountain Bike ~ 10 miles
Thursday: Same as Tuesday. Little more weight.
Friday: Mountain Bike ~ 10 miles
Saturday: Either on the bike or resting.
Sunday: 20 to 30 miles on the bike. Sometimes more.

If it's a race weekend, cut off a few miles on Friday or all together. Diet wise I am still blessed (22 yrs old) with a fast metabolism so I just try and avoid more than one bad meal a day. Usually something crappy for lunch (Burgers, pizza), and then cereal and a plain sandwich for dinner. I avoid sweets and cookies and never drink more than one coke a day if any. Water!

6'3" 200lbs.

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Okiewan
I'll update this thread with my starting measurements, then again each month. This "journal" is for my benefit by the way... seeing results is a big part of sticking to a program for me.

Ok Bob, how about a challenge to make it interesting? Me and you May 1st 2002 bodyfat measurement in a hydrotank. Lowest bodyfat percentage wins. We can discuss the wagering offline.

You in? :p

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Rich I think public wagering would be more effective :p and a lot more fun for us to hear what the loser is in for :p

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
And I thought I was out of shape :p

Sounds like a good plan. I think I may give it a shot too. You won’t get me to wager though. Usually when I start a program like this and I start to see improvement, I get lazy and abandon it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by billywho
Rich I think public wagering would be more effective :p and a lot more fun for us to hear what the loser is in for :p

If Bob is up for it I'm sure at some point the stakes will leak out :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Okiewan
You saw my results last year Rich, sure you want to do this? :p
You're On Big Guy!

Some days it's like shooting fish in a barrel :p

Cool, we can discuss the stakes this weekend.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I'll cover your action Marlin. I always enjoy it when people doubt my capabilities :)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

Some days it's like shooting fish in a barrel :p

Cool, we can discuss the stakes this weekend.

I'm not picking sides quite yet, but it could also be called a turkey shoot, even though Thump finds it hard to hit a turkey :silly: it's really quite simple :p

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Can i bet a doulble cheese at "in n out burger" and a side of pork rinds? :p

Actually ...ill be bummed okie -
youll fit your old gear and wont be ordering any new stuff :(

but good luck man!
youve done it before should be a piece of cake-
umm er ..piece of Tofu! yea thats it Tofu ( oops )

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okie, I was just thinking the same thing. About me though, not you. I went through the BFL cycle months ago but have since fallen off the enchilada wagon.
One of the easiest ways to keep the routine going is to track your food intake. I have a spreadhseet which covers water & calorie totals. It works for tracking targets. PM me if you want a copy and I'll e-mail it to you.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
here you guys are trying to lose weight and I'm trying to gain weight. Being 6' and a mere 135 pounds soakin' wet I need to gain some muscle mass, have been doing some weight lifting with moderate weight but high reps and gradually increasing, I've noticed my endurance level is up as well. I've never felt better :)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
your on !

want to make this for a worthy cause ?make ckeck payble to Blue Ribbon Coalition©

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Re: your on !

Originally posted by 70 marlin
want to make this for a worthy cause ?make ckeck payble to Blue Ribbon Coalition©

That works for me :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
And the loser has to wear Gomers tutu at next years Dirt Week.;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Ol'89r
And the loser has to wear Gomers tutu at next years Dirt Week.;)

I'm IN :)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I think the loser should ploish the winner riding boots

and the winner get to donate all the money in his name on behalf of dirtrider©net I betting I'm not the only one that wants in on this:p

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
rememeber "it's for a worthy cause" hehehe

think the reason I sugested the boot's was I thought you guy's enjoyed wearing the tu tu way too much:think

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I'd certainly rather shine boots than end up with sloppy seconds on Gomer's frilly things :scream:

Of course I have a few tricks up my sleeve to assure victory. Remember this is lowest PERCENTAGE of bodyfat. I may be C class on an MX course but not in this area hehehehehehehe :p

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Lets have some stats?

I've put down a few bad habits in the years. but food I'm still a slave to. I my self am on a low sodium diet. try this one out. it tough to find food with low sodium in it.
age 40
weight 210 lbs.
height 5'11"
BFC ????

Top Bottom