JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Well, there may be something to all this exercise and diet business, after all. Three weeks ago, I rode about fifty miles over the enduro course at Muenster, Texas, and I felt crippled when I got off the bike. Still, I would have made it to the van okay if my son hadn't stepped on my hand.

So I started trying to eat less, and began riding the exercise bike and lifting some easy weights, lots of reps. Then Saturday, I rode pretty much the same course again, but I felt better afterward. My hands weren't completely cramped, my arms weren't totally pumped, and my knees ached, but they didn't quite feel like they were ready to fall off. I even made it to the van under my own power. Guess I'll stick with it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
OK Marlin - Stats for me:

Age = 43
Height = 5'5"
Current Bodyweight = 237lbs
Bodyfat % = Come see me on May 1 hehehehehehe

B

biglou

Not to be a budinski, but I gotta share. I've been doing a modified BFL program as well. I was so fat that I couldn't stand myself, and I've been fat for most of my life! Since no one knew what I looked like, you couldn't tell at DirtWeek that I am down 20+ lbs. in about 10 weeks. There was my head-on with Blue Thunder on the first week of the plan so my weight-lifting was eliminated. Had to stick to the aerobic side of things.
6 ft. tall, started at 255 lbs. dressed, including shoes, wallet, watch, etc. Down to around 230-232 dressed. I fit into my new 36" waist riding pants that I bought this spring, too! Broke them out for my stellar finish in the "C" race!
Myself and Agent Orange have a running bet: the first one of us to 220 gets $100 from the other one. I'm very, very close!

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Rich,

Don't tell Oki, but if you refrain from any food substances that induce intestinal gas prior to the hydrostatic weighing, you can reduce your measured percentage body fat:eek:

Rich and Oki. Here's an offer you can't refuse. Next spring (around May 1) come South for some spring riding (Suthern Spodefest '02?) and I'll do the measures for you (no charge). Go here. We can then download results (and images) to DRN for all to see and judge.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Lemming
Rich,

Don't tell Oki, but if you refrain from any food substances that induce intestinal gas prior to the hydrostatic weighing, you can reduce your measured percentage body fat:eek:

Thanks Lemming, that's one of the pre stage steps and I know some even better tricks than that. A guy has to have an edge and I've got a few in this arena :D I've been involved in this type of contest a number of times and I'm undefeated so far. I don't plan on losing to Okie on this one. Sorry Bob.
The sound you hear in the background is ALL the stops being pulled out.

I'm up for a little riding/BF showdown combo action. Sounds like a plan.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Let me guess, the hydrostatic system you use does not simultaneously measure residual lung volume. Instead you measure res. lung volume afterwords. The trick then is to appear to have a large residual lung volume (meanwhile you blew as much air out as possible when underwater). If you have an relatively untrained person (or co-conspirator) doing the respirometry and they don't do repeat measures to look for consistancy, then I'd say that you could lower your percentage fat a total of about 7% (say from 25 to 18). Play around with your hydration status and you might get 2% more.

Okie, I'd suggest making sure that you go to a research facility that is on neutral ground and that measures simultaneous residual lung volume. That, or hire a paid consultant :cool: to combat Albert. I wonder if I can think of anyone:think

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Let me guess, the hydrostatic system you use does not simultaneously measure residual lung volume. Instead you measure res. lung volume afterwords. The trick then is to appear to have a large residual lung volume (meanwhile you blew as much air out as possible when underwater).

Lemming - You should know I'm much more clever than that. I won't need such rudimentary sham tactics as cheating on lung volume :)

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Rich,

Do you currently have any medical implants?

Oki, diagnostic imaging may be called for.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Rich,

Do you currently have any medical implants?

Nope, all factory equipment, but like my CR I've learned how to hot rod the stock components :)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Okie, Rich... Care to let a Texan in on the competition?

I have not been working out daily in a year and a half... aside from knee rehab
height 6'1"
weight 215
waist 34
HR at rest as of a month ago was 60...needs work.:p
BF I don't know but I don't float.

I would be willing to bet by May 1 I will be around 210-215ish in 30-32's, lower body fat (still won't float), will be able to ride an MX Track for a minimum of 1 hour right off the trailer. You two want some real competition to shoot for or is this an over the hill only event? I think pictures before and after NEED to be posted too. You guys aint skeered of a lil old Texan are ya?

And Rich...I know your BF tricks. You learn a little bit during 4 years of powerlifting at 198 and droping to 165 the week of the meet to compete in a lower class....meets every other week, I got this thing down to a science.....:p

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Re: Okie, Rich... Care to let a Texan in on the competition?

Originally posted by Thump
And Rich...I know your BF tricks.

Ya never know Thump, I may have a few tricks even you don't know about :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Can I get in on this?

I enter 'thekid';)
ht- 5'2"
wt-80#
heartrate- last measured at 66
BF- neg 10% (he will take all you can spare)

Myself- just figure I'm settling in for a long cold winter and need all the insulation I can grow:confused:

Murf

Dec 31, 2000
OK guys, what is the status of the competition? Where are those "before" pictures? You guys have actually motivated me to the point of getting off of my big fat a**.

THANKS

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Murf
OK guys, what is the status of the competition?

I'm going full speed ahead. I haven't seen Okie in a couple of weeks but as far as I know he's hammering away too.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
so how's all this coming along? :confused:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm in.

6' tall.
148 lbs.
HR-70.
BF-not much.

Muenster did me in as well. I'm ready for some improvement.

Top Bottom