Jeremy this is a question for you.

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
hey i bought a 98 yz 125 and i weigh in at about 110. i got the suspension back to stock(accept for the pre-load.) i have no clue how to get that back to stock.id have to take the rear end apart to get the suspension out and not to mention that i just the whole rear end of the bike appart for a nice juicy greasing. any way im off topic.)how can i set my pre load and my compression and dampening for bo the forks and the rear shock for my weight. i ride mostly loose beach type sand and woods. PS: im looking for help from jeremy not that you guys dont know what your doing but i really trust him.:silly:

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Pit Monkey,

I apecaite the trust my freind but many of the kindly readers here can offer plenty of help!

Anyway the preload is adjusted by first unlocking the lock ring and then in your case I imagine losening the spring. You can turn the spring and tensioing ring by hnad usualy.. But don't beat on it with a hammer and punch, if you kust take the shock off and soak it in penetrant before risking thread damage or haking up a ring..

Your springs are more than a touch heavy for you but see what you come up with sag numbers.

Does that clear it up some?

Jer

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
yea thank you however i was wonering also how many clicks out i should be on the comp. and rebound in order to match the front and rear suspension. i have the suspension at stock so how many clicks shoud i go out from stock for the comp. and rebound. :silly:

Top Bottom