slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by wannayz
I'm a VERY confused rider. It's hard to learn and learn from mistakes at 45 years old 'cause the falls hust a lot and there's a ton of hell to pay from not being able to work after it.

So, I am a slow rider and an MX track seems to be all about speed and racing. Hell even on the beginner track there are novice idiots cutting me off (and I'm taking about inches here). But all I can say is that I'm very cautious and watching people jump so nicely even at relatively slow speeds is what got me to try doing the same. Now I don't jump far or high but I'm not trying triples either. I just want to be able to handle any obstacle decently and I'm still working on getting there.

WOW! are you my brother? I thought I was the only one who has finally decided I will never be a racer, never be a jumper, but still want to have fun! Hey, somebody has to make everyone else look good right?

wannayz

Aug 27, 2002
Sometimes, in fact most times, I'm aghast at the things I write. Looking back on my post it sounds like an AA meeting. "I am a sloooow rider...and I have paid dearly becus o' it. But I am trying harder and slowly getting there".

Well yeah, I'm the jerk they all say SHOULD be a couch potato. But I have my day job and my boring life and after each humiliating session at the track, I think of how to improve it shy of just staying home and go again next week. And you know what, I'm not really the slowest on the track any more - two weeks in a row I have past a few 5yr. olds on their 50cc-ers. But then again , the last one's dad said his son had been riding only two days (as I stuck my head back in the sand).

BUT IT'S FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom