extremachn1

Oct 20, 2005
I purchased a 1997 KDX220 SR (Street legal Japanese Spec) about three years ago. I bought it for $300 to use as a beater training bike for teaching my MSF classes in supermotard trim.

I just recently moved back to the US and decided it was time to put the KDX back to offroad trim and clean it up for riding. I decided to upgrade the stock worn out suspension (front and rear suspension hadnt been rebuilt in close to 4 years). I got the rear shock resprung and a Racetech valve put in it. But when I went to d othe front suspension the forks were not what was supposed to be on a 97 KDX220...

Upon further investigation it was discovered that the internals resembled forks from a 92 KDX200... I spoke with the origonal owner and he never replaced the forks. Everything else fits fine, gaskets, seals, springs, ect like it should from a 97 220...
Bascially I am curious if anyone else has had an issue like this and what you did...

On a side note I am loving this bike more and more as I ride it offroad. I just need to work on my endurance and conditioning. I blew the rear shock and had to send the shaft off to get recromed and polished becuase the crome was flaking off and shredding the rear seal. Luckily I sponsored by Racetech for road racing so I am getting it done for free, but mostly I do my own maintinance.

Also, I need bearing kits for wheels, linkages, steering stem, and engine. Anyone have any good links???

Top Bottom