JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, definitely need to get some Indian tacos this time. Sorry you can't make it, Derek. But I'm willing to go any weekend anybody can make it. How's that for flexibility?

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I had my boots on this weekend and did a little riding. My ankle/foot is still giving me trouble but I can't help but smell pine trees. The swelling and black and blue is almost gone. I put the crutches back in the attic this week and I am walking. The trip is more than a month away. I should be ready but time will tell. I want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

I really had a good time last trip. I only hurt from laughing and the fun and not from falling on the rocks (the falling down only hurt the bike). I do not want to miss out on this.

I loved Gene's input!!

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Mudd Slinger, be careful. Ankles take a long time to heal. I sprained mine May 13, and it's still not 100 percent. I'm riding, though. Carefully. Hope to see you next month.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
JMD, how did you do in the boots. I am thinking that they should protect me like a cast (my air cast will not fit in the boot either - tried that 2 days ago). I scared to tear it up more but I don't sit still and watch others ride very well. I was on my bike about 15 minutes and I noticed it the next day. I took care not to use the foot at all.

JMD said:
Mudd Slinger, be careful. Ankles take a long time to heal. I sprained mine May 13, and it's still not 100 percent. I'm riding, though. Carefully. Hope to see you next month.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
My boots are the best support for the ankle, better than all my other shoes. The problem is getting the foot into the boot. Once it's in, it's great. I even wear them working around the yard. The neighbors probably think I'm crazy, but they already thought that.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Next time I dig a hole to plant something, I will put my MX boots on. Great idea. The neighbors will get a laugh for sure. They already tell me I am too old to be riding like I do.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Well it looks to shaping up into a pretty fast group...

I have one of my other buddies talked into going so we will have somebody who knows where in the heck we are going.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Looks like my buddy and I are going to try to make this trip more then just a weekend and head up on Thurs the 16th. This trip should be a blast... I guarantee we will put down alot more miles then last time so be ready.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
WOOHOOO... sounds like fun! :yeehaw:

Harley - THANKS AGAIN(!!) for picking up my scoot!! :worship: :cool:
I took her for a spin today, felt ok - actually the bike felt great. I need to work on my bony butt and get into shape :laugh: .

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Roger, I saw your bike before you did! Sorry about that scratch on the frame... dang Colorado mountains...

Harley, I got something I need to show you!

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
hlguthery, I can meet you guys there the 17th to ride that day if you are going to be there that day. The 17th is the only day I have off to ride. Let me know, Thanks Lee

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
TreeTalker... I will be there the 17th and will be riding... If you want to meet up let me know and we will NOT leave with out you. Just let me know.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Can someone post detailed directions? I will probably leave from work in Dallas on the 17th about noon. I hope to get set up and ride some before dark. I'm looking forward to it!

Seldon

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Sgifford,

Basically... Take highway 75 North (duh) You will pass through Durant and then Atoka (if you need supplies one of these two towns would be your best bet). About 10 miles North of Atoka you will come to Stringtown you will go east on highway 43 You will take this highway until you come to the dam. You will take a left across the dam this road will T into highway 2 turn left Take this highway to highway 1/63 to Talihina. When you get to downtown Talihina you will make another left at the main (and really the first) intersection. Take this road up probably 12 miles and you will see the Talimena State park on your Right. It should take right at 3 hours at reasonable highway speeds. Should you need further instructions give me a call 214.725.7646

Thanks Harley

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
It looks like I will be going stag with the boys this trip. I found an area on Broken Bow and took the family over labor day. That will keep them happy for now.

It was a (very) remote camping area on the lake just east of the dam. It was a bring your own TP kind of place in them thar hills (dotted line with a end dot on a typo map). I rode lots of single track that has not been used for some time all around the south part of the lake. Plenty of logging roads and hills too. The lake felt real good after the ride. I can give some details later - back to work.

The ankle held up well in the boots. I'm ready for more.

Kiamichi trip,
Does anyone want to double up on the trip to Kiamichi. I plan on going Friday (17th) early afternoon and staying all weekend. We can use my trailer and truck or whatever works. I have to be careful, as usual, that the job does not throw a nut in the crankcase.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Looks like I can't make it for Friday, but might be able to come Sat and possibly Sun. Gotta play it by ear for a while, but I'd really like to make it.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Jim... Dont you go trying to back out now.

My plans have not changed We will leave Dallas Thurs morning and return Sunday.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I should be showing up about 6pm Saturday night. Riding Sunday and hopefully Monday. I'll bring my grill "charcoal", haha Tony :) and we can cook some vittles. Man this is approaching really fast.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Looks like I'm a Sunday guy, too. My wife has planned a party for Saturday (gack!). Now I have to buy a new party dress.

Top Bottom