dnchevyman

Dec 27, 2005
I ate it today, goin through the desert and a big azz rock found its way into the path of my front tire. the bike went out from under me and i started rolling. skinned my lower back and elbow, and my knee is hurting me. on the outside of my right knee is where the pain is, i can walk ok, but putting my leg down to catch my bike hurts, and twisting bothers me too, what do you think it is? also i think i gave myself a concussion, riding home my vision went real bad blurry and tunnel vision set in. no headaches though.

dnchevyman

Dec 27, 2005
i have the good fox knee/shin gaurds, im gettin the elbow gaurds before i go riding again. i think when i was rolling my leg bent sideways at the knee instead of forwards/backwards like its supposed to.just bent wrong or something. bike didnt fall on me, it slid in front of me. it doesnt appear to be swelling.

Jan 4, 2006
you may have torn your meniscus. its like a cushion of cartilage between your femur and tibia. there is one on the outside of the knee and one on the inside. i just had surgery to repair mine..i had the same type of symptoms you have. i put it off for a while but it started to pop and make noise after time.its usually caused from a quick twist of the knee.mine didnt have much pain but if i did the wrong movement it hurt like a @#&%$ ! the surgery isnt too bad if ya need it done . good luck

Jan 4, 2006
the surgery is done with a scope and takes maybe an hour(with mine anyway) and is an outpatient deal.it was sore and pretty swollen fora few days. i started therapy 2 days after surgery and continued it for 4 weeks.its been 6 weeks and pretty much 100% other than some weakness in the knee. i had it done twice this past year and ya seem to heal pretty quick both times.if you need it done i would reccomend getting the knee nice and strong prior to surgery. my 2nd surgery i worked it out pretty good and it seemed to be a much quicker and less painful recovery. the therapy is key i think because they keep you moving and stretching it to keep it loose. its amazing how quick you lose muscle and movement if you dont get right back to using it.overall its not too bad of a surgery long as you have a good dr do it and i took a week off work. now i need an acl replacement they found when they were in there...not lookin forward to that(4 months of rehab). any other questions feel free to ask

yo its matt!

Aug 26, 2000
they can scope your knee if you have a tear to your meniscus(cartilage between your leg bones), but mostly they will just remove the torn cartilage, so if you can heal it on you own you will be better off, R.I.C.E. rest, ice , compression, excersize, thats what my physical therapist said, i had my knee turn 90 degrees sideways and after i picked up my 426f i had a 4 hour acl reconstruction and they removed most of my meniscus on the right leg long slow rehab!! only an ortopedic doc can tell you for sure what you need, but if you can keep the swelling down and go easy on it. even if you go to the doc later it will be easier for him to tell you what you need, just my $0.02

dnchevyman

Dec 27, 2005
my knee didnt swell at all that i could see, so i dont think i tore the menescuis (sp?) did you guys' knees swell up pretty good when you tore yours? just seeing if no swelleing means no tear.

yo its matt!

Aug 26, 2000
i had some swelling not severe, the doc did remove fluid from the joint and it helped me walk better, i waited almost 6 weeks for surgury for the swelling to be completely gone, search knee pain and you will find all kinds of info, ive read that alot of people have cartilage tears that dont interfear with joint movement and wait years to have them fixed if ever, if you tear an acl or lcl your knee feels loose and weak, tends to move around alot more than it should like riding your bike with one fork not bolted on tight!

Top Bottom